Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Can't Take My Eyes Off of You- Frank Sinatra


People say that you never realize how much you will love your children until you have your own. That is so so true. I have never loved anyone or anything the way I love Lucas. I had a realization of that last night. I rarely bottle feed Lucas, usually if there is someone else here they do it. We orginally started that becuase it is recommend as to not confuse the baby so they won't expect bottle when breast is offered and vica versa. But Darryl was a volleyball and there was no one else here so I did it. The was no TV or music just me, Lucas and the bottle. The whole time we are just staring at each other. He has those big beautiful blue eyes. Tears start rolling down my face, not sad tears but the happiest tears ever. I love this person more then I ever thought I would. I would do anything for those big beautiful eyes staring at me.

Of couse because I was staring at him he didn't fall asleep. But it didn't take him long once I put him in bed. He then ate once in the night and we had no crying. We've also had a great time with naps today. Not too much fussing to go down. I think I have him figured out for the moment, but it will change again soon.

Yesterday ended up being way more fun then I expected. Auntie Karen showed up at around 2:30ish. So I got to spend the afternoon with her. She just got back from an all inclusive in Cuba. If you have never been on an all inclusive I highly recommend it. It is the most relaxing vacation ever. Darryl and I have been fortunate to go on two, once to Mexico and once to Jamaica. I hope to do many many more. Like I said so relaxing, you come back ready to face the world. The first time I ever went on one I thought I'd be bored. But there was enough to do at the resort and then part of it is doing nothing. I had never really been on a vacation like that before. But it's the best.

Then we went to Mom and Dad's new place and Mom made us a great pasta fagoli soup. Lucas enjoyed seeing his grandparents and Auntie Karen. He loved Auntie Karen's laugh. Her laugh is so animated and he would look for her everytime she did it.

Lucas is becoming a mommy's boy. While we are out he seems to be happiest when with me. Which I'm sure is normal to an extent, but it may be part of his personality coming through. Not the mommy's boy aspect as much as the shyness. Maybe he will grow to be like Darryl, quiet till he warms up to people.

Lucas's new thing this week, along with the da-da-da is sucking on his toes. I will post a picture later this week. It is amazing how flexible he is.

Till Tommorrow ( and the fun new game we are going to play)

Jenn

No comments: