Monday, January 23, 2006

Welcome to the Jungle- Guns and Roses


Well today is election day here is Canada. I'm hoping that everyone goes out to vote. I don't care who you vote for, but everyone should exercise there right. We are fortunate to live in a country where we get to elect our leaders. We should have a say in that. I think a lot of people are apathetic to voting, but I think it's important that we do it and that we appriciate the fact that we live in the greatest country in the world. A country that believes in democracy. It wasn't that long ago that women were not able to vote, so I will vote this afternoon, and I hope everyone does as well.

Well it's been an exciting 24 hours. Yesterday we had a great time going upto the mountains. It's so nice to get out of the city for a bit and breathe some fresh mountian air. Besides hotdogs taste so much better when they are cooked on a fire. =). Tammy, Pat, Matthew and Shaun joined us up at Elbow Falls and we enjoyed the fresh air. I think Lucas enjoyed the fresh air as well. I know Emma did.

A couple hours after we got home Tammy called and they decided on a dog. She was going to pick it up that evening, so I offered to come with her. It's interesting to go into a home that fosters aniimals. I myself am an animal lover and wonder if that's something I'd like to do, but I'd just have such a hard time saying goodbye. The interesting thing about this foster home was they had children, and I could only imagine how hard that would be.

Anyway, so welcome Tails to the Genier family. I'm sure we will all be spending lots of time together. Matthew is in heaven. The dog is a shepard mix. He seems to be quite settled and not too high strung, which I'm hoping will make him easy to train. They were over this morning and Emma and Tails had fun wrestling in the backyard. At first when the dog came in Emma was a little protective of her territory and her family. She showed her teeth a couple times. Then once she knew we were all okay with the dog and went outside everything was good with Emma too.

Lucas slept well last night, only waking once. Had a short nap this morning, but put himself to sleep while I typed this in the afternoon. Yeah!!! Good for you little man. He's been talking alot today. Of course I take out the camera to try and tape it, but then he's quiet and just staring at the camera. =)

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

No comments: