Monday, January 02, 2006

Shopping and Soap Operas

Well Lucas is down for his afternoon nap again. I'm trying to get him to fall asleep on his own. I think last night he woke up and then put himself back to sleep again, so I'm hoping we can get back to falling asleep with less intervention by Darryl and I. After his "Fix You" by Coldplay I put him in his crib, even though he was still very awake. I patted his back for a bit and once his eyes started to close I stopped to turn down the music. Then I didn't pat again, but stayed in the room incase he started to "make the bridge" with his body. =). Well he seems to be sleeping well now.

Went shopping again today. I do love shopping. Plus after Christmas there seems to be so many good deals. today I was at Pier One. It is a very nice store for your home and lots of the Christmas stuff was 75% off. I bought some more Christmas oranament, because we don't have very many. I also bought a bird feeder and a mug. Lucas was totally flirting with the sales ladies. It's good that he is such a good looking kid.

Gave him more cereal yesterday, made it a little thicker this time. It doesn't seem to be helping with the night waking, although now he's back to waking at about midnight, and then sleeping till 6:30 in the morning. In some ways I wish he would sleep till 7am, but I'm glad atleast it's back to once a night. We spent New Years with a bunch of our friends and one of the couple's has a 10 month old. She is up 3 times in the night. So I really have nothing to complain about.

Anyway I hope everyone is enjoying the new year. I'm off to watch Young and the Restless, that's one good thing about soap opera's there are always new ones. No repeats over the Christmas season.

Till Tommorrow
Jenn

No comments: