Saturday, January 21, 2006

Alcohol-Barenaked Ladies

Well an early post today as Tammy and I (and the kids) are going dog shopping this afternoon. It will be fun to go look at puppies and see if there is a dog that will suit the Geniers. We of course have a great dog, Emma. So it will be good for her to have another friend. =)

Yesterday on Oprah there was a very interesting debate. These parents got a stripper for there sons 16th birthday party. There reasoning was if he was going to do it anyway they would rather there son do it in the there house and under their control. I thought it was a very interesting show. It certainly made me think about parenting teenagers. If they are going to do it anyway, should you allow them to do it under your control, or if you allow them to do it under your roof are you condoning illegal behavior? What about when it comes to drinking or drugs? As most of you know Darryl and I enjoy wine and I plan on letting Lucas try it when he gets old enough to be curious. But then where do you draw the line. We let you do illegal things.. does that mean it's okay to run a red light? steal? I know many of these things are in different "categories" but if you condone one illegal thing where does it stop. At the same time I believe it is a cultural thing, in our cultural we have hang ups about sexuality and drinking. Something to think about......

Lucas did not sleep through the night last night. Although only up once for a quick feed. Then a short nap again this morning. But I think that is partly because Darryl is home and there is extra noise in the house. Anyway, hopefully the rest of the day will go well. Took some pictures of him in the bumbo, I'll put them up tommorrow.

Also one other question, got take out yesterday and when I was entering my pin number the machine asked if I wanted to tip. Are you now suppose to tip for takeout???

Till Tommorrow.

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tipping for takeout? Hmmm, interesting question. Here's my take on it...if I'm doing all of the work (eg: driving to the restaurant, ordering the food myself and taking it home to eat)then I don't tip.

If the restaurant has to serve me though(either in person at the table or by delivering the food to my home) then I will gladly tip the server or delivery person. The server is doing all of the work by taking my order, serving the food and cleaning up my table.

With delivery, the delivery person is trudging through whatever miserable weather I'm avoiding by ordering delivery to get the food to me. It's a thankless job so I'll happily tip for the convenience of staying home in my flannel pj's and having the food come to me!

Anyhow...I'm not sure what any of the etiquette books say but that's how the Campbell household handles tipping.

Love ya,
Lori

P.S. If you got takeout from a "sit down" restaurant (like East Side Marios), their debit/credit card machines would likely already be programmed to prompt for a tip for the sit down customers so the machine in the takeout area would likely come up the same way.