Saturday, January 28, 2006

Baby Before You- Chantal Krevaizuk

In my life before Lucas I was quite ambitious. I was a "career" woman. One of the goals I had for myself before children was to move from a general technologist position into some sort of teaching position. While working towards that I went on lots of interviews. Plus I have interviewed lots of students to get into the MRT program. In the comments Mo asked about some interview stories, I don't have lots of stories but I certainly some advice if you are ever going for an interview.

1. Dress the part. Atleast dress up. I was once told to dress IBM. Which is a navy suit with a white shirt underneath. I also always wear my glasses to interviews. I'm hoping it makes me look smarter.

2. Before you go into your interview re-read your resume and the job description of the job you've applied for. Use words from the job description in your answers. For example if they are look for someone who is accurate, be sure to use the word "accurate " in your interview. Many compaines use a marking scheme to grade each applicant. They get there marking scheme from the job description.

3. Never not give an answer. The classic is describe a conflict you've been in. Many people say I don't get into conflicts. That question might be worth 5-10 points, and you've just lost them all. Plus everyone gets into conflicts.

Anyway that's all for now. Just a couple of things to keep in mind. I'm am certianly no expert, but at 26 I feel like I've done lots, probably more then some do in a lifetime.

Onto the daily update. Lucas just fed once last night. Darryl went in at 3am and put his sucky back in and he fell asleep. We went to Costco this morning and he loved looking around. Still working on perfecting his speech, da da da all the time. We called Grammie and let listen this morning. Oh yeah and in the bath this morning he learn how to splash. He was quite amused with himself and loved hitting the water. It's cool that his surroundings are becoming more fun.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

No comments: