Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year- 2007

2006 has bee a great year. Last night in bed Darryl and I were discussing some of the highlights and came to the conclusion that for both of us the highlight was watching Lucas grow up. This year Lucas learned how to crawl, which seemed to take forever and he learned how to walk, which quickly became a run. He learned how to really laugh and how to make other people laugh. He learned about playing in the lake and by a pool. He said his first words and grew a personality. It has been the most amazing journey.

It was an eventful year for family members going into the hospital as well. Luckily everything turned out well and Dad came home happier then ever after his brain surgery and the driving instructor Opa was happy to be driving again after his open heart surgery.

Other highlights of the year are always vacations. Although vacations have taken a big turn for me. We did go to Las Vegas, Kelowna, Ontario and Florida this year. Each time I have to adjust my travel for the stage Lucas is in. Plus I am a nazi about his naps and schedule so I have a hard time adjusting for time changes and plane rides that interfer with nap time. Then we actually get to the place and the activites revolve around what works best for Lucas. Whew! Still nice to get away and fun to introduce Lucas to all the world has to hold for him...... but lots more work.

This next year will be an eventful one. Selling this house and moving into the new one will be a huge undertaking. Plus I'd like to go to Ontario and Kelowna in the summer. The vacation I am looking forward to the most will be one where Darryl and I can go away for a weekend just the two of us and Lucas can be spoiled by his Grandma and Pop. I'm just not sure New York City or San Fransisco? What's your vote for?

It will be great to watch Lucas grow over the next year as well and I'm sure that will be the highlight of the next year as well.=) He is at such a sweet age right now I am trying to savor every moment. I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Years.

Till Tommorrow (and back to the grind)

Jenn

3 comments:

Allie said...

Children are truly blessings aren't they? You and Darryl sound like very good parents and Lucas a very much loved little boy.

May 2007 bring your family good health, love and happiness! I look forward to reading your blog this year and perhaps we could set up a play date in the near future ... that is before you move into your new house as I have an inkling that we live pretty close together right now as it is. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, New York or San Francisco...I'd pick San Francisco for a couple of reasons. First, I've been to New York once as a teen. Second, although it was fun to check out Bloomingdales and Tiffany's it was otherwise just a big, loud, dirty city.

Mom has been to San Francisco and she really enjoyed the feel of it. Of course, the scenery and the weather are a nice bonus, too!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Its wonderful watching our boys growing up isnt it. Reaching those milestones and bringing joy to our lifes. Bless them both - yours and mine.
Happy New Year my friend