Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sneaking Around

It has been very cold in Calgary here. So Lucas and I have spent lots of time inside. We have been having lots of fun playing with cars and learning new words. Lucas seems to be getting over his separation anxiety. I have been able to take a shower without him crying outside the door. And have been able to spend some time in the evenings without him sitting on my lap. Have also become a sneaky... All the books say to say goodbye to your kid when you leave them with someone else so they know you're gone but that you'll always come back. That has not been working for us, Lucas cries when I am about to leave and although it's only for a couple of seconds till something else distracts him, it is so hard for me to walk out the door. So lately if I leave him somewhere I try to sneak out. It doesn't seem to have done any damage because of the non crying when I go on a different floor, or in the shower. He has also resorted to saying da-da-da, much more often now.

So it seems we are on the down swing of a difficult stage. Yeah!!

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!!!
"I have been able to take a shower without him crying outside the door."
I hadnt put this down to separation anxiety. Daniel cant get as far as the bathroom door but he cries at the hall barrier when I go to have a shower. I took him into the bathroom with me the other day. . . well LOL he decided he wanted to get into the shower with me. Thing is he still had his clothes and nappy on. I had given him some toys I found that he hadnt played with before on the bathroom floor but they werent even touched LOL.
I tell you this kid and water they attract like magnets do LOL.