Thursday, January 04, 2007

My Take on The Hanging

I don't usually write about things that happen in the news. Ever since having Lucas I don't like to watch the news, or sad movies or dwell on anything horrible. The other reason I don't really write about the news is because I generally don't know enough about it to give an opinion. When I do publish an opinion I like to be well informed.

This week Saddam Hussein was hanged. I can't say I am well informed about all the horrible things he has done to people, but I know it is horrible. So thank goodness this has happened. Although I'd be interested to learn why hanging was the method of choice. I don't think a man like that could ever be reformed. So good for the world glad we are rid of that bastard. I am surprised that this is not bigger news. I think it is monumentual. One of the worst people in the world is not part of the world. Yeah!! There are so many stupid things that slip through the cracks. I'm so glad this man didn't slip through the cracks.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Blog said...

I, too, avoid the news. I was watching CNN's entertainment show -- because it's great -- and left it on while I was blogging. Before I knew it, the show was over and the news was on, and I immediately found myself anxious. News=anxiety for me...

Anonymous said...

Is he the only one to blame for what happened in Iraq? Who put him in power and sold him weapons? "They" wanted a dictator and that's what they got to try to control the oil situation there. Why are "they" not also charged? Since "they" will not be steping forward anytime soon to be punished I am not convinced that this solution was entirely justified. How does that go "Who among you is free of sin should cast the first stone". Remove him from power and prison - yes! But there is guilt on this side of the Atlantic too!. A hypocritical verdict I think.

Lesley said...

Aren't we three peas in a pod, Haley and Jenn?! I too avoid the news, I don't mind living in a bubble oblivious to all of the horrors that are happening around the world.
My Dad was often overseas with the military and sometimes it was better not knowing what was going on instead of wondering if he was one of the soldiers lost to a bombing, etc...
Although I must say I wasn't dissappointed to hear that we are Saddam-free. I think he was probably hung as opposed to electrocuted or lethally injected because they still do things old-school over there. It was either a hanging or being stoned to death I'm sure.
I'll be returning to my happy bubble now...