Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Best Friends

Today has been a really great day and it's only 2:30. The sun is shining Lucas is sleeping, I'm watching Y and R and blogging away. Lucas and I have had a great day. It's one of those days I love staying home and wish I could do it all the time. I feel like we are the best of friends. We walked to the park and played on the slide and then walked aroudn the perimeter. Then we came home and had some friends over. Lucas showed the right amount of jeaously. Just enough to say that's my mom and no one else's or that's my toys, but I will still share with you. Then we headed out for lunch with Darryl. The whole day has been great becuase he's been listening. Like we were in the Disney store, which could have turned into a nightmare of screaming, but it didn't. He played with certain toys, but when I told him to put them back he did. When I said we were done playing with Thomas the train at Chapters, he came and grabbed my hand as we walked to the next store. I'm not sure what the trick is, but whatever we did went great. At the end of our shopping trip we stopped for ice cream, as my Mom mentioned how much he enjoys it, we sat on some stairs and shared the ice cream. Like I said it has been a great day with my best friend.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

4 comments:

Lesley said...

I can definitely attest to the fact that your little guy is an awesome listener! Lucas amazes me sometimes with how mindful he is. And I love the signing - it totally eliminates the need to point and grunt. Lucas rocks!

Anonymous said...

Lucas is co-operative when it comes to leaving one toy or activity and moving on to something else because he has parents who routinely make everything fun. He knows that moving on to something else isn't a bad thing, instead it's just the next fun thing.

You have cornered the market on positive parenting and it's working wonders for you! I wish more people could realize that when you always emphasize the positive, children grow up co-operative and eager to please others.

Good on you!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Pleased youve had a lovely day with your boy what a good boy :)

Jenn said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I'll be walking with my head a little higher tommorrow

Jenn