Wednesday, January 10, 2007

On His Tummy

Lucas has started to enjoy lying on his belly to take his bath. Although I totally get the need to try to submerse as much of you body as possible in the warm water, but it makes me a little nervous. His head is so much closer to the water now. I'm sure he is totally safe, I think he is too cautious of a kid to do it if he didn't feel safe, but it still makes me a little nervous. He can drive he cars on the bottom of the tub very well when he's on his tummy. And kick his feet and splash water everywhere, but probably not in his eyes. He does quite enjoy "tubbing time". We often sing our little made up song before his bath. "Tubbing Time, tubbing time, it is tubbing time". He loves playing with the foam pieces, splashing in the water. Learning about volume and different sizes of cups the amount of water that fits in one cup doesn't always fit in the other cup. He went through a stage about a couple of months ago where he knew that after tub came bed time, so he would try to resist his tub. Now he has learned that resistance is futile. No matter what he'll have to go to bed so he might as well live up the time he has before that. So tubbing time is usually a fun time in our house.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Allie said...

When my son did that, he would also submerse his face in the water attempting to blow bubbles. He would choke and all I would envision is him choking to death. I would tell him that he couldn't do this and that he could get hurt, but obviously I wasn't stern enough.

He still does this to this day but at least he doesn't have the issues of getting his face wet, or if he were to slip in the water and become totally submersed; he doesn't panic. If Mommy doesn't reach for him first, he has usually gotten up himself and looked at me with a smile and says "uh oh".

At least I know that I won't have any issues when I first enroll him into swimming lessons. :)

Anonymous said...

wow!!! Daniel isnt that confident do that. He likes his pool and says "pool pool pool" and the bath but he
doesnt like lieing doen in water at all.
They are funny and clever arent they. Daniel seems to know when I put on his night time nappy and pjs on its bed time and lately hes been crying a bit before I even get to the door. They resist it dont they? LOL properly worried they might miss something LOL