Sunday, January 21, 2007

I Still Have So Much To Learn....

On Friday night I was working and a family doctor came in to talk to one of the ladies I was working with. I asked her about our predicament with our family doctor (he's taken a personal leave of absence for 6 months and Lucas's 18 month appt is in a month). She said that it is mostly a developmental check up and asked if I had any concerns with him that way. I said no, he was right on track developmently. She asked if he said any words. I told her how much he loved cars and that was his first word. I also said how he is trying to say Lightning McQueen, from the movie Cars, she asked if that was a spin on Steve McQueen. I said I had no idea, as I don't even know who Steve McQueen is, other then a line from a Sheryl Crow song. When she started to describe some of Steve McQueen racing and movie highlights, I realized of course Lighting McQueen is a spin off from Steve McQueen.

One of my concerns with having a boy was that I didn't know anything about boy stuff. But I am having a great time learning about all boy stuff along with Lucas. I know the the difference bewtween a front end loader and a back hoe. I know about different types of cars and now I know about Steve McQueen. But I'm sure I still have so much to learn.

Till TOmmorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Im sure you do m,y friend
our children teach us so much
they even teach us how to be Mummies
You think about it how much did you really know about the day to day care of babies till you had Lucas

I have a couple of favourite sayings "Life is a lifetime learning experience"
and
"you learn something new every day"
enjoy learning Jenn

Anonymous said...

O for shame
my daughter does not know who Boo is and now I find out she does not know Steve MCQueen
The shame of it all
How will I ever live this down