Thursday, January 25, 2007

Baked Goods

I'm not really a baker, but my mother did teach me some good baking techniques and good recipies. So on the weekend Lucas and I decided to make some cookies. It was a bit of an experience. There ended up with quite a bit of baking powder all over. Lucas saw me take the tablespoon and put in in the container so he decided he would try it too. As he pulled the spoon out of the small hole baking powder went flying all over him and I. Monkey See, Monkey Do.

As Lucas gets older we are able to do some more fun things together. I have been reading some lists about ideas of things to do with your toddler rather then sitting in front of the TV. Two things I have to add to the list are baking and coloring.

Lucas loves to color, we do this every day now. Generally he scribbles three lines and then proclaims it a car. He also likes organzing the crayons or taking them in and out of the package.

Lucas was feeling a bit better today. Still a fever but no throwing up....that being said he didn't really eat anything.




Till Tommorrow

Jenn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh..enjoy those years when they're eager to help you with just about anything. Even the most co-operative kids eventually hit the point where they want no part of doing anything with Mom and Dad.

I'm so glad Lucas is feeling a little better.

Lori

Darryl said...

Don't worry, I don't think Lucas drooled in the cookies too much. :)

Anonymous said...

youre brave cooking with a toddler Jenn
thanks for the link

Anonymous said...

You write very well.