Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy Holidays

Well Darryl, Lucas and I got back from Florida last night so I thought I would post a long entry today. I have missed reading everyones blog and will be sure to post a new years blog tommorrow about the summary of this year and hopes for the next year.

Florida was a lots of fun. It's great to not have to wear a coat and have my mother around to help with the child and makes me dinners. =) The first day we were there we enjoyed the sunshine and the pool and did some shopping in the afternoon. I got some amazing deals but I'll include it in a later post along with pictures. Most days were spent this way although we did spend a couple of days at Disney as well.



Here are some of the most memorable moments:

It was so great to a full week with Darryl and Lucas. One of my favorite memories from the trip was one evening Lucas was being fussy after his bath and Darryl and I were trying to get him dressed. Lucas was sitting in my lap and Darryl was trying to get him dressed. To calm him down we were both singing You Are My Sunshine. I remember thinking how much I love my husband and what a great father he was. Also how much that little kid is loved. I tear up now just thinking about us. It was defintly one of those time you try to consciously commit to memory because you never want to forget it.

Lucas really got to know and love his Auntie Lexie on the trip. She would often ride in the back seat with him and keep him entertained. She would make a variety of funny noises and he would find one of them funny and then she would go with that over and over again until he was laughing so hard. I think Alexis got to appriciate all the fun things that a toddler can be. And Lucas got to experience all the fun things an Aunt can be.




We did go to MGM studios for a day and they have lots of "characters" that come out to greet the kids. Lucas's was the most pleased with Lightening McQueen and Mater. Who came out as really cars. He was having trouble understanding why he couldn't just go up and grab them like he can go up and grab his toys. This was probably the highlight of his trip if he could remember it...... We did get a chance to latch onto Mater. Going to the parks was exhausting for Lucas. In the late afternoon we went to watch Beauty and the Beast- the live on stage show. Lucas enjoyed most of it but was sure to fall asleep at the loudest most violent part when Gaston is getting ready to "Kill the Beast"








I think those were probably the highlights, although I'd love to hear Mom, Dad, Alexis and Auntie Karen's highlights as well. It was defineitly my favorite way to spend the holidays. No concerns about presents and making sure your house is clean, just spending time soaking up the sun.

Till Tommorrow.

Jenn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah it was a great trip. It was fun spending time with the whole family. We really enjoyed spending so much time with Lucas and being able to watch him enjoy all the new and Wowing things. I think that you and Darryl are amazing parents and you have both done a great job so far of raising your son to be a happy and contented child. He brings joy to our family and those squeaky shoes brought smiles to lots of strangers that Lucas encounterd during our trip. Love you all
Grandma and Pop aka Paap

Anonymous said...

My favorite time(s) was every time Lucas Laughed and decided to entertain us all with his Joie de Vie. That had to be at least every evening meal we had. He was the life of the meal. Sometimes it was even better to watch the reactions from the tables around us as he went into his antics. Playing peak aboo with his napkin - for example.
I'm sure everyone that sat along the seats of our row at Beauty and the beast enjoyed the show before the show. I expect if Lucas had been asked to go on stage the whole place would have went nuts. That was the effect he had on us all. So all time spent with Lucas was the best part - from his goodby hugs at night to his little knock on our bedroom door the next morning.
Beyond that if anyone is heading to Disney world you must check out the Soarin ride at Epcot. It is well worth the wait - or get there early - park opens at 8 and try to do the ride twice that day using a fast pass. Remember to smell the smells on the ride too. If you ever wanted to know what it feels like to soar in a glider this is it without the danger. Lucas would have said WOW! if he was tall enough to go. Actually he would have said WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!
You get the message.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're home safe and had a great time! It was weird not having the blog each day. I found myself checking anyway just in case you were posting from Florida.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love,
Lori

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful and im sitting here smiling that your folks commented that added to you post
so pleased you all had a wonderful time together :)