Monday, January 22, 2007

An ipod Party

On Oprah today they are having an ipod party so I thought I'd make a list of the top 10 songs on my ipod. I'll tag a bunch of people and I hope you all answer becuase I love to find new music. If you don't have a blog please put your top 10 in the comments list. Last week fellow blogger Jenna introduced me to a song by Jem called Flying High. It's great and I'm hoping to get lots more music from other bloggers. Here is my top 10 songs that you may have not heard before:

1. Boston and St. John's: Great Big Sea. Even if you don't like celtic/martime music you'll love this song. If you do like dancing, you love this band

2. I Don't Feel Like Dancing: Scissor Sisters. A great disco song

3. Gone: Jack Johnson. I great song about material things. There is also a version with the Black Eyed Peas.

4. Where Does the Good Go: Tegan and Sara. Such a good song. I so recommend it

5. Laid: Matt Nathanson: A great beat. Not a song to listen around your teenager.

6. The Blowers Daughter: Damian Rice A singer who I have recently started listening to,

7. For You I Will: Teddy Geiger Another great singer

8. Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole Suddenly it's a beautiful song in lots of commercials.

9. Both Hands: Ani Difranco Great beat and guitar part

10. No Man's Woman: Sinead O"Connor

Here's some new music for everyone. I am tagging Mo, Lesley, Allie, Jen, Jenna, Kristine, Haley. Your it. I'd love to hear you ipod playlist!

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

6 comments:

Blog said...

Ahhhhhhh!!!! You tagged me! I haven't been tagged in AGES! LOVE it! I'll do it tomorrow.

Blog said...

On second thought...I'll just list em here because I don't want people to be BORED out of their skulls with me and disappointed -- ahem...because I'm pretty sure I know NO songs that you haven't heard of!!!

1....I. got. nothing!!! Oh, but I love the tag. Thanks for thinking of me!!!

Jenna said...

Oh, Jenn! You tagged me, too. Stay tuned for a post tomorrow or the day after...I have to report to jury duty tomorrow morning, so I might not have time!

Thanks for tagging me!

Anonymous said...

Since I'm not a blogger, I wasn't tagged but as a fellow music lover and daily reader of your blog, I'm going to put my 2 cents in.

Here are some of my current favourites in no particular order...(many of your favs are mine too so I've chosen different ones to avoid duplication). Wow, it was tough to narrow it down to 10!

1. Wind It Up-Gwen Stefani, upbeat song with almost a circus-like feel to it. It's strange the first time you listen to up but quickly becomes addicting.
2. Daughters-John Mayer, lovely lyrics, good message and rhythm guitar part that's simple enough for me to actually play!
3. Suddenly I See-KT Tunstall. This scottish singer/guitar player is my fast growing favourite artist!
4. We're All In This Together-from the High School Musical soundtrack. Young pop tune but it has a nice morals in the lyrics and you'll find yourself singing it in no time!
5. A Little Less Conversation (JXL Remix)-Elvis, This is similar to the opening song for the show Las Vegas.
6. It's Not Unusual-Tom Jones. I love ANYTHING from Tom Jones but this is my favourite by far!
7. Blackbird-Sarah McLachlan, Jenn, I have you to thank for introducing me to this BEAUTIFUL but lesser known song of Sarah's.
8. Beer For My Horses-Toby Keith and Willie Nelson. This is one of Mackenzie's favourites. She first heard it during the lumberjack show at the Western Fair in 2005 and has loved it ever since.
9. Travellin' Soldier-Dixie Chicks. There are so many great Dixie Chicks tunes but this one is particularly nice.
10. Watching You-Rodney Atkins. Jenn, if you haven't already heard this song, find it on Limewire asap. It's a lovely little country tune about a Dad who realizes that his son idolizes everything about him so he'd better behave himself so his son doesn't develop any bad habits. You'll LOVE it!

That's it for now.

Lori

Allie said...

Umm ... do I date myself when I admit that I don't have an Ipod or MP3 player?

How about I come up with a list of songs that I would put on a CD to listen in my car? Will try to do that for today. :)

Anonymous said...

I don’t have an ipod Jenn :(

However if I did Id have both these songs on it
“I Don't Feel Like Dancing: Scissor Sisters.” “For You I Will: Teddy Geiger” Both such great songs.

As I don’t have an ipod :( I decided to review your other songs as some of them I hadn’t heard of here are some of my thoughts

Boston and St. John's: Great Big Sea. I love celtic music. We had celtic music playing in the background when Daniel was born.

Gone: Jack Johnson. Hes quite nice looking isn’t he?

The Blowers Daughter: Damian Rice quite like this one hadn’t heard it before

Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole such a classic song

No Man's Woman: Sinead O"Connor hadn’t heard this before either but I like the beat

If I did have an ipod (which I dont :( LOL)I would probably also have some songs by Eric Clapton, The BeeGees and Abba on it. I love music from the 60’s 70’s and 80’s.