Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Reflection on 2007

Over the past week I have browsed through the blog for the past year to reflect on what 2007 held for us.

Generally it was a good year. Although I am the eternal optimist. Some of the major highlights were watching Lucas grow. It's amazing how in a year he has gone from saying single words that you can barely understand to full sentences that he is able to tell us how he is feeling. I have really enjoyed this year with my boy, and I'm sure I'll enjoy most years, but this age is particularly fun.

Another big thing that happened to our lives this year was getting pregnant. Honestly it took longer then I expected. With Lucas it was quick, this one took a couple of months of trying. Although I'm not complaining as I know many people who have tried for many times. The important thing is it did work for us, and in 3 more months there will be a new person in our lives.

The year did go by with it challenges, the house of course being the big one. I will be happy to not move for a very long time. In the end it all turned out okay, which I guess it always would have, everyone was healthy. But it was very hard on our marriage and I don't know how good of a mother I was during that time. Like I said we all made it through, there were tears, but we made it through and everything worked out.

Personally the other really challenging this for me was work. One of the people who I started the x-ray program with resigned, I got in trouble a fair number of times, have had to deal with a very challenging class. I am so grateful to live in Canada and have a year off coming up. Yeah for maternity leave.

Of course highlights as I read through the blog always include the vacations we took. There is a tie for first place. The vacation Darryl and I took to New York City was amazing, good food, great company, seeing so many new places. It was great. But also the family trip we took to Victoria was amazing. It was great to get away as a family, Victoria was a blast and it was fun to travel with Lucas and see new things through his eyes as well. No offense to Ontario or Kelowna. I also really enjoyed both of those vacations. Summer was great time to vacation.

One of the biggest surprises of the year is the relationship that Darryl, Lucas and I have developed with his sister and her family. We stayed with them when we went in Ontario and it was great to get to know them better. Ever since then we talk to them every couple of days through g-mail. Even if it's just hello, how are you. It wasn't something I was expecting this year, but it has been a great addition to our lives.

Like I said all in all it's been a good year. Ups and downs, just like most years and life should be...

Tomorrow, some hopes and resolutions for the new year.

Jenn

3 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Happy New Years
Hope its a good one for you all

Jen

Ali said...

i love everyone's reflections on the past year! great post.

happy new year!

Goofball said...

Despite all the work and house stress, it does sound that 2007 has been a great one for you, and with the baby coming up, I am sure 2008 will be even better!

Enjoy. Happy New Year to you and Darryl and Lucas!!