Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Growing Up

Sometimes I'm amazed at what my kid can do. In the last couple of weeks we have been places and I'm not sure if he can really do something, and it's like he sense it and is going to prove me wrong. Sometimes I wonder how much I am holding him back.

For example last week we went to the pool. We happened to run into the parents that we took our prenatal class with. Their daughter is about 3 weeks older then Lucas. She loves the pool (as does Lucas) but maybe has a little more experience with it. She was so good at going under the water and seemed fearless in the water. I am quite cautious of Lucas in the water. I don't want him to be scared of it, so I'm careful not to put him under the water unless he knows it's coming. But seeing this little girls comfort with water made me think I should try it more with Lucas. So we did and he was great with it. The first time he said it scared him, but after that he was proud of himself for doing "big dives". I'll have to take him again in the next week so he doesn't forget it.

Then today we are at gymnastics and there was a HUGE slide is was at least two storeys long. There was some free time and lots of the kids went running over to play on the slide. I was thinking the slide was too big for Lucas, plus he has to climb all the stairs by himself. But when I asked him if he wanted to, he ran over with all the other kids. He didn't cry or fuss at the top, just came sliding down, and said he wanted to do it again. =) I was so proud of him.

I'll also haven't really thought about potty training him, but yesterday at the day home one of the little boy who is younger then Lucas is all potty trained, maybe that will be our next thing.....



It's amazing how much my little boy is growing up. I really can't believe it.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Im thinking of enrolling the boys at gymnastics
and
we have began the potty training this week

jen

Lesley said...

It's amazing the things our children can do, isn't it?!
2 stories high? I can't imagine, I think I'd probably be a little unsure of letting Alex go down by himself and he's four, haha.
I was surprised at how successful my little potty trainer has been, maybe it'll peak Lucas' interest...then again...maybe not.

Blog said...

I haven't been able to read this to my kids yet. I don't want to cry!!!