Monday, September 03, 2007

Stressed

I'm not sure if it's been obvious in the last couple of post, but I am going through one of the most stressful times in my life. I can think of one other time when so much was going on, and it also had to do with moving.

Right now the big stress is selling the house. The problem is that I don't feel like I can do anything to help it. We are priced right, if not a little lower, but there are so many houses on the market, no one has put an offer in on ours. The problem is that we take possession of the new house on the 26th, and if we don't have a buyer before then I'm not sure what is going to happen. We are looking at all kinds of different options, but everything seems so scary. I feel like I am turning into a crazy person. I'm yelling and upset with all kinds of people I shouldn't be. Normally I am a very sane person, but I am at the end of my rope with my nerves. I really don't want to lose my new house, but it may come down to that if we can't sell our current house. It's hard becuase I don't feel like I can start packing the old house and getting things ready for the move, when there is a possiblity there won't be a move. We've put a large deposit down on the new house and I don't want to lose that either. We are looking at some different options, it just feels like everything needs to happen so fast and that we have such little time to get everything done....

Plus our second car was terminally ill and needed a heart transplant, so that's more money.

Anyway I don't mean for this post to be a pity party, just know that I don't know how much I'll be posting over the next month, I don't like to be a downer to everyone, but will keep you updated with anything good.

Jenn

9 comments:

Lori Aitken said...

Jenn,

Although there's not much I can do from here in Ontario to make the situation better, you can certainly call anytime you wish if you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to rant and scream at. Sometimes, just having a meltdown makes it all a little better!

Hang tight!
Lori

Anonymous said...

im sori your stressed out
im praying for you
im sending you big hugs
and please know your in my thoughts and prayers

Lesley said...

Ugg - that totally sucks! I know another family that thought they'd be stuck with two homes and within 4 or 5 days of taking posession of their new home the old house sold.
Hopefully yours sells before that though...geez, I have nothing witty or inpirational to say.
Sorry you're stressed!
On a positive note I'm still thrilled that Lucas has stopped crying at drop off time :-)

Jenna said...

Hang in there, Jenn. I am sure everything will turn out great for you in the long run. We all go through these periods, and I am thinking about you and hoping that your house sells soon.

Anonymous said...

Vent some of that frustration at your real estate broker. They are supposed to be working for you, so get on their case about showing the house. As long as you have done everything that they have asked you to do, to sell your house, the ball should be in their court.
If nothing else, you will at least feel like you are doing something, by riding them.
I'm praying just as hard as I can for you to sell in time for your move.

Love from Grammy

sari said...

I'm sending prayers for you to sell your house. I know your situation, it's very stressful and hard to think about anything else when stuff like that is going on.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,

Long time no comment from me. Sorry about that. I have been busy with my business and barely have time to update or read any blogs.

I now go to a PGIB networking group every thursdays and know some good guys that I can talk to about options and mortgages so I will try to find out if they have any good recommendations that might help you out.

Will talk to you soon!
Kristine

Allie said...

Oh Jenn - I can't imagine how stressful all that must be. I hope that your house sells fast and soon. Where do you live again? I am pretty sure that it is close to me .....

Sending you big virtual hugs and hope that things get easier soon.

Qtpies7 said...

I know how you feel. We lost a house because ours didn't sell. But we didn't lose money AND we ended up in a different state and in the most incredible town! I cry at the thought of leaving our town. It is so amazing. God knew what He was doing.
Our car is in the shop as of today and I would be shocked if it was less than $1000, but I would be shocked if it wasn't much higher even.
Plus our roof is leaking and needs to be replaced, our furnace is dead and it is fall in Minnesota, our freezer half of the fridge doesn't work, and I have 7 kids with both the washer and dryer out of commision. PLUS I cloth diaper and NEED a washer. Add to that the two vehicles needing new windshields and my husband's speeding ticket and two teen drivers and two in sports and 5 starting school and..... well, can we say "stressed to the max?" LOL
Just remember that it could be worse. You could sell your home and the one you are buying falls through and then you live with inlaws for a time and the next house falls through and the next and the next and soon you've been living with family and friends for almost two years. I've seen it happen to a friend.