Thursday, January 17, 2008

Monthly Newsletter- Month Twenty Nine

Dear Lucas,

For the next week you are as many months old as I am weeks pregnant. It will be interesting if you and the baby are getting along when your months and the baby's weeks are equal. I think you are kind of excited about meeting your sibling. You seem to get there is a baby in my tummy. Although I'm not sure you really understand the ramifications because you often refer to the baby in your tummy as well. And although I'm sure you will love your new sibling I do think you'll be kind of upset in the beginning as well. The little blob only eats, sleeps and poops and basically monopolizes all of my time. Although you do already know that babies poop is yellow. =). I'm sure by the summer you will be having more fun with the little one.





This month has been a good one. We had Christmas which was lots of fun with you around. You are at an age where it took us hours to open the toys because you wanted to play with each one first. Although we did have an incident last week where you found flyer with a bunch of Bob the Builder toys. You walked around, " I want this, I want that". I was so frustrated with your greediness that after trying to ask you nicely to stop I grabbed that paper from you and ripped it up. Which made you scream, not my proudest mother moment.



One of my better mother moments this month was our rules about eating your dinner. Although I don't force you to eat your dinner. I do require that you eat it before you get anything sweet. If you are not hungry or are just being hard to get along with that's fine, but even if it's an hour or two later, if you want a turtle/chocolate ladybug you must eat more dinner before that. Yeah for mommy and daddy.



Generally I find you amazing. I am amazed at some of the things you say, like the other day I asked if a certain shirt still fit you and you said, Not Really. Or yesterday when you were crying your eyes out before tubbing time and I told you your choices were tubbing or bed time and you said " I don't like those choices". I am amazed at some of the slides you go down or your willingness to still eat pretty much anything. I am amazed at your new found friendships with the animals and your friends at the day home. And how you and I are kind of friends. Not that you are my confident or anything but I am totally free to be myself with you and we do lots of fun things together.


i love you loucky-lou

mommy

2 comments:

Lori Aitken said...

I know you do your newsletters for a variety of reasons (to document Lucas's growing up, to share with friends and family, as a keepsake for Lucas when he gets older, etc) but I hope you know how truly special and valued your newsletters are to Ian, Mackenzie and I. I especially, look forward to the 17th each month so I have new pictures to brag about at work and stories to tell about my wonderful little man.

Thanks so very much....


Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi family:
Having been on a holiday, I have missed out on the blog, so I am caught up now. I love these Monthly Newsletters too, just like the Campbell's. Keep up the good work. Love Grammy