Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Snow is Melting

Yes literally the snow is melting, it snowed here last night and the snow outside is melting. With the help of Lucas and Emma playing in it.

But also figuratively. I made a new CD for the car last week and on it I put Landslide by the Dixie Chicks. One of the lines in that song is "Can I handle the seasons of my life" The past summer/fall has been very hard for my little family. The stress of the house, thinking about having to borrow money from my parents, was very hard for me. We were in a big pickle and I am the type of person that wants to get myself out of it and not depend on anyone else. Which I know can be a downfall, but just the way I am. Even though it was warm outside it was the winter of the year for me.

I guess the thing about life is that if there are not hard times. Times that make you cry and frustrated. Then the good times don't seem as good. Today has been great. It's probably just a plain old day, but with Lucas cold on the weekend and the stress we had been feeling this fall, it makes it seem so great. We snuggled in bed this morning, had pancakes for breakfast, played outside in the snow, tickled and made Lucas laugh. Then we headed out to Walmart and bought a 24 piece puzzle and Lucas loved it. We must have done it 5 times before nap time. Then when I said it was nap time, there were no objections or crying. Now I'm drinking tea and having an excellent chocolate bar.

I know the battle is not over with the house, there is still lots to do. But with a happy, healthy kid things seem manageable. Plus compared to trying to sell a house atleast I have control over all that needs to be done.

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me!

sari said...

Glad things are looking up!