Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Anniversay Oma and Opa

Yesterday was Oma and Opa 50th wedding anniversary. I have always loved all my grandparents and really most people over the age of 70. Oma and Opa have lived quite an amazing married life. That is part of the funny thing with a blog is that it is public and how much do you divulge about someone else. Anyway they have been through quite a few ups and downs, they have lived in almost every province in Canada. I loved being a teenager and living around the corner from them. I think in todays day and age giving up on marriage is more acceptable and there are times when they could have given up, but it is an excellent example how sticking together can end in happiness. Last night when I called and asked how it felt to be married for 50 years, Oma said, Lucky. That's pretty damn amazing.



Happy Anniversary.

1 comment:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Happy Anniversary to them
blessings
Jen