Sunday, February 05, 2006

Ode to My Family- Cranberries

Well Sundays have become my favorite day of the week. A couple of weeks ago we decided that on Sundays we would do something as a family. Saturday we could go our seperate ways and take turns taking care of Lucas, but Sundays was our family day. We could always do things with other people but we defintly had to do something together. For family day today we went to the zoo. It's amazing that all these animals are right here in Calgary. I have an annual pass and Lucas is free so it was fairly cheap for us to go. The animals are quite active in the winter as well, so it was lots of fun.

I just went upstairs to check on Lucas, when I put him down for his afternoon nap hee wasn't super tired (as in he didn't fall right asleep) but he was rubbing his eyes down stairs. Just went up to check on him and he's asleep on his tummy. My other favorite guy Darryl is also asleep, but on his back. Anyway when I went into Lucas's room I don't breather, just to be sure I don't wake him up. It's actually a subconsious thing. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom would come and check on my to be sure I was sleeping, I would hold my breath, becuase I thought you didn't breather when you slept. I'm surprised it never freaked my mom out.

Went on our first "date" last night. It was fun. One of the greatest parts of having children is being able to act like a kid, but it was fun to be an adult for a night again.

Here's today picture for "Where in the World are Darryl and Emma" If you don't live in Calgary you may have trouble with this one, but I'm trying to break up the Europe pics.



Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those two would be having fun at Allen Bill Pond in Kananaskis Country. I understand that this year there will be no skating there, because of the flooding last year the river has changed course. It's too bad because it was a great place to spend those Family Sundays.

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Tough one! I know that this picture is a little bit older because I remember receiving it by email quite some time ago. If I remember correctly, you're not too far from home in one of the neighbouring subdivisions? I don't know the name of the lake/pond though. So I guess I'm submitting a pretty "wishy-washy" guess but it's better than no guess at all, right?

Love ya,
Lori