Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I Love You-Barenaked Ladies


Well happy Valentine's Day everyone. Things have been good here, Tammy and I had lunch together which was great, it's so good to have such good friends. Plus the dogs enjoyed wearing themselves out. Lucas is upstairs chatting to himself in bed, but I'm hoping he'll fall asleep soon.

So eleven years ago today Darryl and I started dating. In some ways its seems like it ca't be that long and in other ways we have been through so much together, it doesn't seem long enough. In honor of 11 years I thought I would list 11 things I love about Darryl. So here we go

11. His cooking skills. Darryl makes lots of good food. His McDonalds cooking skills have come in handy.
10. Has a good job. I'm glad that Darryl is around. I would hate it if he had to be away alot. Plus he is good at that job.
9. His cleanliness. He is great at doing a through cleaning of things, it's a good balance for me. a fast cleaner, but not always through.
8. He likes to travel. Travel is very important to me and I think has become important to Darryl as we've done it more.
7. His humor. Darryl loves a corny joke, after his own father that way. But more so I love his humor when it's just him and I. It's nice to be best friends like that.
6. His parenting skills. I'm lucky to have an equal partner in raising Lucas. He knows that I need my time away and doesn't get upset when I need a girls night out.
5. He takes my crap. It's great to love someone who understand you, and if he doesn't always understand me, he's willing to compromise to make me happy. Plus he let me get all these animals and he loves them too.
4. He is handy. I know if something around the house needs fixing it will get done. Or if something needs to be built.
3. He is well liked. My parents love Darryl, and really so do most people who get to know him. The other day my parents joked they would keep Darryl over me. I'm glad that he gets along with most people.
2. His intelligence. Darryl knows so much about many things. He is an expert in certain things, but also has a general knowledge about most things. Pat likes to call him the wizard. =)
1. He loves me. I am lucky to have a really good marriage, because as much as I love Darryl I know he loves me too.

Anyhoo, my other Valentine is crying. Maybe he's hungry rather then tired.

Happy Valentine's Day

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Jenn,

Belated Happy Valentines Day! 11 years! wow! that is pretty amazing! You guys are so blessed to have found each other :) I hope to be blogging about my 11 years with Mark somday :)

Kristine

Anonymous said...

11 years already...wow! It seems like just yesterday that you two were teenagers! I seem to find that each week takes forever (probably because I'm always looking forward to the weekend)but the months and years fly by so fast that it's just mind-boggling, and it doesn't seem to matter whether or not life is great or if it's throwing curve balls.

It'll be 14 years for Ian and I on February 28th.

A pat on the back to all of us for being such great spouses! It just goes to show that some high school sweethearts really do last for the long haul!

Lori