Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens- Louis Armstrong

Well Lucas slept through most of the night again last night. He awoke at 5 but went back down after a feeding till 7. He was quite mad at his morning nap. I don't know why but he just wouldn't give into the sleep. Anyway finally he did, and I was stressed but I didn't think it was approriate to open a bottle of wine at 10am. =) So instead I did some deep yoga breathing. We also went to the offleash today and Emma just loves it there. It gets to the point that she's so tired she just lays down. Although Lucas doesn't seem to like the sun in his eyes. I think I'll have to go out and buy him a new ball cap, or a hat with a wide brim.

So as mothering goes, I'd like to think I'm pretty easy going when it comes to what Lucas can do. I'm not fanatical about germs or what he puts in his mouth (I can just imagine the Grandma's cringing right now=). So when we are at the computer he often plays around with the mouse. He loves in becuase he knows I like the mouse too. Since he has begun playing with it, I have learned so many things my computer can do. Imagine what crazy clicking and dragging can teach you. Of course sometimes I also lose short cuts to stuff, but most of the time I know how to put it back.

Last night I made this good, and easy south west chicken gumbo thing. I'll post the recipie becuase it was pretty good, and if you're like me I"m always looking for a good but easy recipie

4 frozen chicken breast
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
1 jar of salsa

Cook that in the slow cooker all day on low or 4-5 hours on high.

1/2 hour before serving add a package of cream cheese.

That's it and it's pretty good. I served ours in tortilla shells, but you could also do it over rice. Mom and Dad enjoyed it as well, so you can also take their word for it.

No guesses for yesterday, so I won't post the answer quite yet. I'll give it another day or two.

Here's today's picture Where in the World is Mo? Sorry mo, you can't guess, but let's get Allison involved, so Allison can guess.....



This picture is amazing and could totally be a postcard.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess that Mo's in Barbados? It's a shot in the dark but worth a try.

Signed,
Lori