Saturday, February 04, 2006

Be Sure To Wear Flowers in Your Hair- Scott McKenzie

Well Lucas is getting his teeth. I can see one of his little bottom teeth starting to poke through. Plus he has been quite upset the last two days. I have given him tylenol today as well. I'm not a big believer in medicating him whenever he cries, but it's so difficult when he can't talk to me. Plus I can see the tooth, so I'm guessing that's the problem.

He did sleep through the night again last night.... we are on 4 nights in a row. So I asked my parents to come and watch him tonight, so Darryl and I can have our first real date night. They watched him at New Years when we went to Tammy and Pat's, but this time it'll be just us, and we'll be driving in the car. Lucas has also gone down well for naps today.

I went and got my hair done this morning. I had a really good experience. My usual hair dresser is also on maternity leave so I had someone new, and it was a man. For those of you who don't know this, generally I prefer women rather then men. I mean I love Darryl, and there are some good men out there, but if you offered me a room of women or a room of men to walk into, I'd for sure pick the room of women. Anyway I get there and the guy looks like Mr. Clean, execept for an earring in his nose and two in his ear. So my first impression is not the best. Anyway he was so nice. And I got a great hair cut. He let me talk about Lucas, and asked questions, he talked about his neice and nephew. I was amazed. Plus I love it when my assumptions are put into question. It makes me a better person. Anyhoo and, for today I have straight hair.

We have started feeding Lucas squash, and he quite enjoys it. I'm glad becuase he didn't like the green beans or the bananas and I was worried he wasn't going to like food, which is totally irrational becuase what, he going to just drink milk for the rest of his life. Speaking of milk, I have decided that I am going to continue with the slow weaning. As in I'm going to try this way for a couple of months. So two of his feedings will be breast feeding and two of his feedings will be formula. Plus the cereal and regular food he is starting for breakfast and dinner. Hopefully this will work out.

Okie Dokie, on with the game. The picture two days ago was Darryl and I at Trevi Fountain, it is so so beautiful there. That night we did a walk around the city saw a bunch of square, Panthenon, Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. Once we got to the Spanish Steps we were going to take the subway home, but it had closed for the night so we had to walk back. Ahhh..... it was very long and I was quite pregnant. That night we also went to a place for dinner where there are no menus. You just ate whatever they brought you.

The picture yesterday was of Alexis at the Bellagio, the same spot where Julia Roberts stood in Oceans 11. I highly recommend seeing the water show at the Bellagio if you ever go to Las Vegas, it is amazing. I think even little Lucas will love it.

Okay here's today's easy picture Where in the World are Jenn and Darryl?



Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I could say that you at Paris Paris in Las Vegas, but D. has not been there yet, so it must be Paris, France.

MOM

Anonymous said...

My apologies for not playing the last couple of days. My darling Mackenzie shared her cold with me, but it hit me 10 times harder than it did with her and I've been out of commission for a couple of days.
My guess is that you're at the base of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.

Love ya,
Lori