Sunday, February 26, 2006

Leaving Las Vegas- Sheryl Crow


k, so on with the big long update from last week. Friday evening we hung around the pool. Which was fun. Lucas liked the pool alot. He would kick his legs lots. Altough I think his favortie part was watching all the other kids play. It's amazing how they know other children. He was very entralled with them. And some of them were enthralled with him. He looks so cute and chubby in this pic.

On Saturday we went to the Luxor and Mandalay Bay before heading off to the airport. The flight home was also good. Lucas slept for most of it on our laps and was in a good mood when someone loudly crinkled a bag and woke him up. That is one thing about parenting is I have become much more aware of other kids around.

A couple of negative things about the trip. It has totally screwed up Lucas's sleep. He was up atleast once a night the whole vacation. So I fear we are going to have to let him cry it out again. Another negative is that we didn't have the CBC, so I missed out on some of the Olympics. But I hear we did well. Although shocked about men's hockey.

Lucas enjoyed watched Auntie Lexie blow bubbles with her gum. And he learned how to make his mouth into an "o" shape from Grandma. He also loved playing with Grandma and Pop's gambling cards and key chains.

All in all it was great to be away, even if the vacation experience will not be the same for years and years to come, since children are in the picture. It was lots of work. Grandma and Pop were nice enough to babysit though, so we had a few evenings to ourselves. Plus I got to hang out with my very fun sister, who I miss so much.

Till Tommorrow, and back to regular blogging.

Jenn

PS I'm going to add some pics to the previous post.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Jenn,

Glad you guys had a great time in vegas! and so awesome to be able to bring Lucas along too :) I'm excited to be doing that when I have my baby. I know it's lots of work but it will be worth it.

He looked so cute in all of his pictures, especially the one where he was in the pool with you :)

anyway, a nice warm welcome back from me....to snowy winter wonderland!

Kristine