Monday, March 06, 2006

Well It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp- Mafia 36

Well it's a beautiful day here in Calgary. We have enjoyed spending most of it outdoors. Took Emma to the off leash, which she loves. Had a good walk with Tammy and Shaun. Then we took back one of his toys to ToysRUs. For some crazy reason I bought a broken one. He has been in a better mood since waking up from his morning nap, which was an hour. On the way home I stopped at the 7-11 to get a hotdog, which I know are not good for me, but I do like them. I was dressing the dog at the counter and they have everything to go on it. Olives, saurkraut, onions, tomatos all kinds of things. Well instead of putting ketchup on it I ended up putting hot sauce. It was horrible!

Speaking of things that are horrible (although everyone is going to be very proud of me) I have been eating lots of whole wheat the past couple of days. We got a coupon in the mail for a home delivery organic food service and they were goint to bring 20$ of free food to my door. Well I immediatly signed up (as those who know me well know how cheap I am.) Of course all the "breads" that I ordered are not the white refined flour that I love but whole wheat. Now I'm (begrudgingly) eating whole wheat chocolate banana bread and last night we had whole wheat pizza. Of course the cheap side of me has trouble wasting food (execpt for the little bit of fluid I like to leave in the bottom of a cup=)


So yesterday was a blast we went up to the mountains to go toboganning. Which you can't really do with a 6 month old, but it was fun to pull him around in the sleigh and be outside in the snow. Plus it was great snow man making weather. Darryl also had lots of fun playing with Matthew and Shaun. Tails and Emma also tired each other out. So much so that Emma did not get up with me in the middle of the night when I fed Lucas.


Speaking of feeding Lucas in the night. I did it again last night. Ahhhhh I wish I could go back to pre Las Vegas when he was sleeping. Maybe next weekend I'll let him cry. Just now I put him in bed wide awake and he has managed to put himself to sleep, (although his head is where his feet normally are) so I know he can do it........ oh well. In some ways I guess I should enjoy being needed. I'll try to put a positive spin on it.

Last night we had a videoconference with Darryl's mom and her husband Brian. It's so great that she is able to see Lucas. We both missed doing it the last couple of weeks. Lucas was feeling quite fussy as both of his naps were done in the car yesterday, which doesn't seem to work as well. Close to the end of the videoconference, I was holding Luke and he was snuggling right into me. It was a "golden" moment. He has become a mommy's boy (which he should as he spends more time with me then anyone else).

Also the Oscars were last night. It was a great show. Jon Stewart did a great job. Both Darryl and I laughed quite a bit at him. (although Darryl laughed more later when he scared Tigger out of her skin). The ladies looked beautiful, (execpt Charlize with the big bow on her shoulder), the acceptance speechs were great and there was a surprise (that Crash won best picture).

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you have are moving over to the healthy side of breads.
M.