Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Proud Mary CCR

Well our little man is growing up. I always knew he was but there have been some big "events" lately that confirm this truth.


First off on the weekend we lowered Lucas's matteress. I'm sure anyday I will walk in there and he will be sitting in bed. Although he hasn't yet I thought it best to lower it before he could test the waters. Now he is sleeping on the floor (or atleast close to it) But he has a much better view of the animals when he wakes up and he quite enjoys that. You can see in this picture he looks huge, but also that he loves to stand up against the furniture. He can't quite pull himself up onto it yet, but soon....

Then today I bought him his "big" car seat. We will be installing it in the CRV shortly...... He will have this car seat till he's 40 pounds. Wowers. That car seat will see many spills and many toys. Hopefully many trips to Kelowna and maybe another child. With all this in mind I did buy the safest (and therefore expensive) one. I did lots of research and got lots of opionions as I am an information junkie. It is the Britax roundabout. They are the same manufacturs that make the seats for BMW's.

I also had to buy the next shoe size today. I put them on him and thought, you will learn to walk in these shoes. We bought them with Auntie Lexie in mind. They have horses on them. Here's a picture.

I also did some reading today (although not on purpose both things just kind of fell onto my lap) that make me a little stressed as a parent. The first is a link between children who never crawl and learning disabilities. Some research says that children who never crawl have trouble with dyslexia and hand eye co-ordination. So today I have really been encouraging him to crawl. I do think it's helping, he seems to be more use to getting up on his hands and knees. Although not moving his hands forward yet. I can just imagine people now saying you're rushing him. It's hard though cause as a parent you want to give your children all the benefits in life.

I also read another article today about how boys have become disadvantaged in many learning enviroments. More girls are attending university, more boys are diagnosed with learning disablities. Honestly all this research has me a little...... stressed and Lucas is only 7 months. Oh well I guess I will just continue to take everyday as it comes and try not to worry about these crazy things already. Just keep doing what I am to try to give him the best start in life.

Today has been great. Took Emma to the offleash, Luke took a good nap this morning, slept through the night last night. I have been trying to feed him different solids, but I'm not sure how well he is taking to the formed food rather then mushy. Yesterday I tried kiwi and bananas and today I tried strawberries. He gagged on all of them but my guess is it the texture and consistency rather then the taste.



Here is a profile shot of the little man. This is the happy look he has on his face everytime we walk upstairs and Emma is standing at the top looking at us panting. He is smiling at her smiling at us. Although it's not really smiling I bet that's what he thinks she doing, becuase he just loves it and rewards her with a smile.

Just below is a picture from yesterday. Isn't that Leila beautiful! Yesterday when they were both sitting on my lap, they both wanted each others soothers. Lucas was grabbing at Leila's shirt and then Leila saw Lucas' and she wanted it. It was adorable, although I have no idea how people with twins manage.



Till Tommorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is great to read and be informed, but I also think you can make yourself crazy over every detail. All babies learn at different rates, and I am very sure that Lucas is well up there with other children his age. Believe me, the longer it takes for him to crawl, the better it is for your peace and quiet. He is just beautiful in the pictures you have in this blog. I yurn for him, and am looking into flights to come and see him again. You are such a good mom and so patient. I knew you would be, just the way you handle the cats and dog. If you ever doubted yourself, don't, as you have fallen into the mother and mothering roll beautifully. Love to all of you, and kiss the little man for me. Mom Fuller