Thursday, March 09, 2006

Long While- Barenaked Ladies

So I learned my lesson today in not letting Lucas have a proper afternoon nap. He was cranky all evening. Although maybe he'll sleep through the night again.

After a good nap this morning we headed out to meet our friends Safana and Leila (who is two weeks older then Lucas). We met at a Tim Hortons, although it was so so busy. We had a good chat and it was interesting to see how different the children are. First off Luke is quite a bit bigger then Leila, which is to be expected. Next Lucas was so busy and intense. Smiling at all the strangers, playing with so many toys, throwing stuff on the ground. Whereas Leila was happy to just be chillin'. I'm not sure if it's a personality thing, a parents thing (Safana tends to be more Zen then I am), or a girl/boy thing. But it was quite interesting.

The other funny thing about our lunch was how many old people stopped to chat. Older people like to hang out a Tim Hortons and old people like babies. Even old men stopped to tell us about their grand children. It was nice. I'm wondering if Luke and I should volunteer at the old folks home here in McKenzie Towne......



So Lucas has become very squirmy on the change table. This has become a real problem when it's time to change a poopy bum. Today it (the poop) ended up geting on all of his clothes and all over his legs (and my hands). It was not a pretty sight and I had to use alot of baby wipes to get it clean. I'm not sure how to get him to hold still. If any experienced mothers out there have any advice be sure to let me know.

Last night was one of those evenings when you know you've married the right person. Even after 11 years of being together, Darryl and I still found lots to talk about till we were both tired enough to go to sleep. We talked about renovations I've thought of doing to the house, this blog, Darryl's dad, Lucas, work and many other things. It's good that there is still lots of talk about.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

No comments: