Sunday, March 12, 2006

I Will Survive- Gloria Gaynor

Yesterday we went to this birthday party for a little girl on our street. She is a sweet little girl and always happy to see Emma when we walk by. Darryl plays volleyball with her dad as well. This birthday party was so busy. So so busy. There were probably 20-30 kids there. It's a good thing they have lots of play space for all the kids. The party(and having Matthew and Shaun here) make me realize that we will need to expand the play space once Lucas can play more independantly. He'll need his own space for toys etc. Maybe I'll move my craft room into the computer room and turn that whole space into a play room. Maybe a couch and a little tv in there. Anyway I'm veering. The whole point to the story was so many kids. I'll never have a party that big.

Also at the party Shaun was having dinner. I wasn't really watching him eat, next thing you know Darryl is giving him a piece of cheese, but he isn't really chewing it and can't really talk. I get a napkin and try to convince him to spit it into the napkin. Next thing you know his whole dinner seems to be partially digested in his mouth, once we get part of it out, he starts to gag on the rest. Well my hand seemed to catch most of his throwing up. Which was good, but gross. After throwing up most of his chipmunk cheek dinner he was able to talk again and feeling much better. The digested hotdog does not smell that good.

After the party Darryl and I (and Luke, Matt and Shaun) all came home. We called Tammy and Pat and the kids seemed so excited to talk to them. Matthew seemed very pleased to tell his mom and dad all about the stool he is building with Darryl. Shaun seemed happy just to hear there voices. Then we watched a bit of Madagascar and then up to bed. As soon as the boys went down so did Darryl and I. We have been able to work together as a team really well. I'm proud of us, maybe we could have 3 kids.

The night was not our most restful, Tails did not like being locked in a pen. Lucas woke up twice crying. Although the first time he put himself back to sleep after 2 mintues. The second time I fed him. But that was 11;30, then he slept through till 7;30 this morning, when everyone woke up. With Tails being in Emma's pen we did learn that really did not have a good time at in the kennel while we were on vacation. She was acting like a mental patient and storing all her food underneath her blankets. After Tails was done whimpering we started to hear him eat and low and behold there is all this food under the blankets.

So far today has gone well. Darryl and Matt are down stairs again. Shaun and Luke are napping and I'm drinking a coke to keep me alert.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! It's amazing how many kids throw up at birthday parties. Last year we were at Chase's 1st birthday party. (He's my best friend's son). Chase himself, projectile vomited his pizza and birthday cake across the living room, all over his parents, his Nana, 2 guests and the dog! Kim was horrified but everyone just laughed and pitched in to help clean up. I bathed Chase, Kim's uncle bathed the dog and a couple of her cousins washed the living room floor. Within about 15 minutes, we were right back to partying! We're still chuckling about it to this day!

Love ya,
Lori