Friday, March 10, 2006

These Eyes- Guess Who



Well today has been lovely. The weather outside is nice. We had a play date with some great friends of ours. Lucas has gone done well for his naps and he slept through the night. Yeah I love a full night's sleep. Here is a picture of him making me dinner and playing with the sausage and sputula.


One of the best things about building a house, was the community of friends we ended up with. Most people around us are young families, so we have built in friends. Plus it will be so good for Luke to grow up with friends close by. Tommorrow we have a birthday party for another girl on the street. I have become good friends with some of my neighboors and at some point there is someone on maternity leave at the same time you are. It started off that we all put in grass together and fences. Now we are all raising children. It was fun to build a house and go through the whole process but the biggest advantage has been the people we have met. Lucas was very well behaved at the play date (all the kids were). Although he was showing Kim and Lorraine what a loud mouth he has.


Made some banana bread today with chocolate chips. It was delicious. If you'd like the recipie just post in comments and I will copy it from the Martha Stewart website. Or if you'd rather you can look there. The only thing I would change is how long to bake it for. I would do longer then what she says. But it is delicious. I think it's the sour cream. After I was done baking it I called Darryl's mom becuase I know she has a secret to keep the banana bread fresh. I got her answering machine so left a message. When she called back Lucas was in his bumbo on the counter. He picked up the phone and then put it back down again. The first time he's ever hung up on someone! She did phone back, thank goodness. Another lesson learned for me.


This morning while playing with Lucas in bed this morning, I was thinking about how much I love the way he smells. Babies smell so great. A bit sweet, a bit clean, a bit like innocence. He just smells so good. You can see Lucas has his daddy's eyelashes.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

No comments: