Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Smorgy


Well I don't have too much to update on Lucas as we have not spent that much time together in the last 24 hours. Yesterday I was happy to bring my dad home from the hospital. It's nice to have him closer. Plus I 'm sure he enjoys sleeping in his own bed. I also think Mom will be better to sleep with Dad close by rather then driving to the Foothills everyday.

OK I'm pathetic. I have two half drank coke sitting on my desk, I'm sure which one is today. I think I just had a sip of yesterdays, but can't say for sure. =)

Lucas did sleep through the night again. Woke up a little but was able to put himself back to sleep. Yeah I love progress. We were outside for a while today as the temperature is going upto 6 degrees and it's so sunny. Good Ole Calgary!. Lucas loves to feel the grass. It's all dead out there, but he loves to run his fingers through it. It's one of those cliches, but kids do teach you to appricate the little things. As I run my fingers through the dead grass curious about what the big deal is, I realize it does feel all funny between your fingers.

I've got a new favorite song. Where does the good go by Tegan and Sara. I'm crazy about it. I currently have it on repeat and have heard it 5 times. I highly recommend it.

To any of my Rockyview Friends who are reading today: Holla! I hope you enjoy reading about my daily adventures. Feel free to post comments. I love the interaction.

To Lori, it means alot when you post at how much you enjoy the blog. Thanks for that! I love it when people put comments.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little guy you have Jenn, great pictures as well! We can hardly wait. Mark

Anonymous said...

Ooo, speaking of comments, Jenn I have a story for you. You've heard me talk about my best friend's son Chase. He'll be 2 years old on April 16th. Chase is a big fella...just starting to wear a size 5T in clothing, yikes! He isn't fat though...he's tall and solid. Anyhow...Chase is a very busy boy and he's curious to a fault. On Sunday, Kim was having a bath and her Mom was keeping an eye on Chase. Apparently he had left the room and they heard him on the stairs but it didn't sound like he was in any trouble. Then they heard the front door open. Again they didn't think anything of it because they were waiting for Jason to bring back coffee from Tim Horton's. After a few more minutes though, Jason hadn't brought their coffee to them so Jean (Kim's mom) went to investigate. The front door was open and unlocked. Panicked, Jean grabbed her shoes and a coat (it was -3 degrees) and went outside. She spotted Chase and their Yorkshire Terrier Sammy a block and a half down the street on the opposite side of the road. The were just toddling along having a nice afternoon walk! Chase was in a t-shirt and jeans with bare feet! Normally the dog takes off when he gets loose outside but when he saw Jean, he just sat down and waited for her to come and get them as if he knew that neither of them should have been outside alone. Anyhow, all's well that ends well and the moral of the story is...enjoy Lucas exploring things like the feel of dead grass between his fingers. As he gets older, some of his explorations may not create the same pleasant sense of wonder. Wow, parenting is always a challenge, isn't it?!

Love ya!
Lori