Friday, March 17, 2006

Monthly Newsletter- Month Seven

Dear Lucas,

I've started reading another blog found at www.dooce.com. This mother writes a letter to her child every month and I thought it would a great thing to do. I hope that one day you will enjoy reading these letters. I will save them all.

So here you are month seven. I find myself falling in love with you more and more each day. I'm sure it will continue as you continue to do more new things. One of the reasons I've been crazy about you lately is your laughing. It took so long to get you to laugh and even in the first couple of months it took alot of work to get laughs out of you. Lately it has become easier and easier. All I need to do is nuzzle your neck or ohh and ahh and you will break out in a fit of giggles. You laugh is really the best sound in the whole world. You love to laugh at me tickling your feet or laughing just when I laugh.

You have also become more and more intrigued with the animals. You will laugh at Emma when she gets excited and you love to sit in your high chair and watch them play. You also give Emma big smiles as we walk up the stairs and she is waiting for us at the top. Emma has started kissing you more, but that's about it. She still won't let you grab her. Although Torin will. The other day you had him with both hands and he wasn't sure what to do. He couldn't get away, but he couldn't really turn his head to bite you.

When you are good you are so good. But when it comes to sleep things have not been going as smoothly as I would like. I'm not sure if it's a new aversion to your crib or what, but you cry everytime it's time to go down for a nap.

Physcially you are moving around more. It's amazing how you and probably most children gravitate towards the things they can't have. Or atleast things that are not toys. You're not crawling yet but moving around on your tummy and rolling to get to something if you need it. Your eating is also going well, you are eating more and more. Most times now I have to go back for seconds becuase I didn't put enough in your bowl the first time. You love most fruits but especially pears and peaches. The other day I have Wendy's and I was giving you the straw to chew on. Low and behold a few moments later there you were sucking coke up the straw. You had a funny look on your face, like"Oh man that was so sweet, but so good". It amazing how fast you are learning. Currently in the morning I put you in your bassinett while I take a shower. But I'm sure that will be short lived. You are starting to grab onto things (and put them in your mouth) but also use your legs to try and stand up. Once you can figure out how to sit up from a lying position I'm sure that the bassinett will be in the basement.

I am so proud to be you mom. I love you my pumpkin bumpkin.

Love Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best one yet
worth reading
I enjoyed the immensely
JAck