Sunday, September 20, 2015

Yes Day

Around these parts we do something called 'yes day'.  It comes from a book




And in this awesome book the parents say 'yes' to whatever the kid requests.  This of course is within reason.  But if you want ice cream for breakfast - yes  You want to stay up late -yes.

We started this tradition with our family on our birthdays.  Whomever birthday it is gets to have their yes day that day.  Now my birthday was on a very busy Tuesday so we had it yesterday instead.

Did Nathan get me a bowl of cereal- yes
Did I go to yoga - yes
Did Darryl make me brunch when I got home -yes
Did I get to spend all afternoon shopping -yes
Did Darryl make me afternoon tea - yes
Did I get to have delicious steak and wine from the keg -yes
Did I get both boys to give me a foot massage - yes
Did I get to watch whatever show I wanted and no cartoons - yes

A super great day!

Do you do anything special for birthdays?

Jenn

1 comment:

Lori Aitken said...

What a GREAT idea! I'm going to have to ask to institute this here, too.