Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hallowe'en

Well Lucas and I had a great Hallowe'en, he did sleep in a little later then Monday, so we both woke up in good moods. I invited Mom over for some bacon and eggs for breakfast. It was delicious and fun to have a good breakfast at the beginning of the day. I think breakfast may be my favorite meal of the day. Although dinner is up there as well, espeically if dinner is something great like lamb and if it has wine to go with it. Anyway, after a great breakfast Lucas and I carved the pumkin. It has been a couple of years since I've carved a pumpkin and I forgot how gooey they are inside. I think Lucas may be like his dad in this regard, becuase he didn't like getting his hands too gooey, he prefered to use the spoon.





After using a very sharp knife around a child we headed off to have lunch with Auntie Karen at Applebee's. Applebee's was closed for lunch today so we went to Boston Pizza and lunch took forever. But Lucas was in a good mood and the company was great, so it wasn't so bad. Afterwards we headed to Walmart to get candy and it was a zoo. Oblviously everyone has the same idea, don't buy candy till the last day.



This evening we dolled Lucas up in his pumpkin costume and dressed Emma up as a ghost (which she hated). I took him up the street and everyone loved him. Lucas on the other hand was a little stunned at the evening. Flashing pumpkins, people dressed up, knocking on strangers doors. I'm sure it was all a little overwhelming for a toddler. One of the cool things was the fire truck rode up the street and was handing out candy to the kids. Lucas didn't care too much about the candy, but was loving the lights on the fire truck.





Once we got home he was numi, numi numi and he wanted his loot, but we only gave him a few treats. All in all a successful Hallowe'en.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

No comments: