Monday, October 23, 2006

Blast From the Past Part Two

It's amazing how having a cold can make a person turn into a baby. I know I am whiny and sleepy when I have a cold and the same goes for Lucas. All weekend he hasn't been feeling very well, he can't quite tell us what's wrong, but we figure everything. His nose has been running like a tap and he has thrown up a couple of times. He is very lethargic and doesn't have much of an appetite. We did put him to bed quite early last night becuase he has been feeling so ill. So a couple of hours after he went down he woke up again crying. I went in and replaced his sucky and that helped for about 30 seconds. So I went back in (I hadn't even reached my bed yet) and picked him up and snuggled him. It didn't take too long and he feel asleep in my arms. It really reminded me of when he was a little baby and he use to fall asleep in our arms all the time. There is such a peacefullness about watching a baby sleep. Eyes closed, breathing in and breathing out. It's the only sound you hear and it is such a calming noise. I took a few extra minutes to enjoy this peaceful time with my baby boy, who like to play with cars and throw things around.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Jenn,

I had the same experience the other night with Micah (sleeping peacefully in my arms that is) and I am sooo appreciating those moments with him. Even though it was at 3 in the morning, it put a smile on my face when I finally went back to bed :)

yeah for the wonderful and cherished moments you get to experience being a mom.

Kristine

Anonymous said...

hope he gets better soon