Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Monthly Newsletter- Month Fourteen

Dear Lucas,

Today you turn fourteen months old and I am amazed at what a little boy you have become in the last month. I defintly feel like you have gone from baby into toddler. Part of that is becuase of your new found skill: walking. But another part of it is your new little personality. Or maybe's it's the new clothes I've been dressing you in. Something has occured recently that make me feel like you have really grown up. Although this makes me excited, it also makes me a little sad. There are some great things about sweet little people. But I know one day you will have a brother or sister and we'll go through having a little one all over again.


You are quite enjoying the walking. Especially since I bought you the squeaky shoes. They have a little squeaker in the heel so everytime you take a step it squeaks. I was debating on buying you these shoes as they were 22 dollars, but once I put them on your feet and you starting laughing at every step, I had to get them. You are quite enjoying your new found freedom. Today at the mall I took you out of the car stroller and you were loving walking around. We would hold hands and walk around. Squeak, squeak, squeak. Of course the walking has caused an increase in bumps and bruises.



Along with the bumps and bruises comes more crying. Your crying has become more intense this last month. Where when I try to pick you up and move you away from something you like you take a temper tantrum. You haven't started kicking your legs, but I'm sure that will come. But you scream, turn red and shake. Yesterday Daddy took a spoon away from you and it took you a while to stop crying. It's interesting how crying and communication changes from when you were a baby and it was all about needs to now when it's more about wants.

On the flip side you laugh all the time. You'll see a car and laugh. I'll sneeze, you laugh. Tigger will walk buy you'll laugh. Emma will bark, you'll laugh. Like I said you laugh so much now. Which of course causes me to laugh, then you laugh again. It's great fun.

I think we are continuing to adjust well to me working. You haven't cried when we have taken you to Lesley's, and you seem happy to get there. Plus Emma is getting to know Lesley's house.

I am totally enjoying this time in your life. It has some challenges, but a millon greater things then the hard parts. I love you so much.

Love Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 14 months Lucas
have you tried giving him something when you have to take something away from him - it might help :)