Friday, October 20, 2006

Blast From the Past

Lucas has always been a fairly good sleeper for the last 6 months. We used the CIO method with him and now he rarely gives us any hassle. He goes down and knows how to put himself to sleep. He may chat for a while, but is usually very good to put himself to sleep. This wasn't always the case and he use to cry alot when we left him. But like I said in the last couple of months rarely a peep.

This afternoon was not the case. Can babies get overtired? If so maybe that was my problem. Lucas woke about an hour earlier then normal this morning, so I tired to put him down for his nap a half an hour earlier. He was chatting and chatting in bed, so I thought I'd go in and make sure he had his soothers. Well once he saw me then he wanted out of bed. We did go downstairs and played for a while, then he got fussy again, so back upstairs we went. Again with the bedtime routine and then back to bed. Cry and cry and cry. Which was probably only 5 mintues, but when it never happens it is not fun. I ended going back in and rubbing his back for a bit, which combined with all the crying made him tired enough, to stop crying and fall asleep.

I really love my time in the afternoon time alone. It's one of my favorite things about staying home, is my break in the middle of the day. Anyway, speaking of that I'm going to make some phone calls and have a cup of tea.

Till Monday

Jenn

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Hey Jen,
Love you new title :)
Kristine