Monday, October 09, 2006

The Upside of Sickness

Something has brought on a wicked stomach flu in me today. I was at the hospital last week, so it may be the Norwalk Virus and Lucas did throw up once last week, so there is something going around in this household. Hopefully Darryl won't get it. It is hard to be sick, contracting stomach to the point of it hurting to throw up anything that I tried to put in my stomach. Which was only ginger ale or water. It does remind me of morning sickness, although no one get exicted that is not the case. With morning sickness it comes and goes, mine was more so evening sickness, but I am certainly not looking forward to that when the day comes again.

The upside of being sick is that I get to see what a great parent Darryl is. Not that I don't see it on a daily basis, but there was so much of it today, because I was praying to the porcelain god. I picked such a good man to have children with. He is totally capable to take care of Lucas and he does such a great job with it. All day Lucas has been looking for his "da" and wants to hang out with him. It makes me happy that if something were to ever happen to me Lucas would be in the best hands. Again kudos to Darryl on what a good dad he is and what a relief it was for me the sick person to just worry about throwing up and sleeping.

Till Tommorrow (and hopefully feeling better)

Jenn

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Hope you feel better Jenn!

Jenna said...

I hope you feel better, too. I recently had something like that.

It's nice to know that you've got a good man and dad for times like this.

Jenna