Thursday, October 12, 2006

Birthday Present

This year some of my friends gave me a gift certificate to Chapters as a birthday present. With the money I went out and bought this book: No One Care What You Had for Lunch, 100 Ideas for Your Blog. Although part of my blogging I do for others and it is fun to see who is reading, I also do it because I enjoy it. I hope to continually upgrade the site as I learn of new and cool things and I hope that my writing gets better as I go.

One of the things to help the writing get better is this book. I'd like to try to use each 100 ideas from this book, maybe once a week or so, especially on days where I have to work and don't see Lucas all that much. So here is today's:

#3 Give Us Something: Presents You'll Remember Forever

My mother is a great present giver. Although our family is not into giving lots of gifts at Christmas (we'd much rather go on vacation), of the gifts I have gotten these are some I really remember.

My housecoat. She gave me a terry cloth house coat that I use every time I get out of the shower. Which is at least everyday. I love it so much that I miss it when I go on vacation. The big housecoat is so comfy to wrap up in and it gets you dry so fast. When I first opened the box I was a little surprised and thought I would never use a housecoat, but I love it as a big towel. It is actually getting a hole in it, so I may have to replace it in the next couple of years, but that is definitely one of the best presents I received.

Some of the other gifts I remember are gag gifts. A Costco/Sam's Club bottle of Yum, Yum pickles (because they are my favorite kind of pickle), a Costco box of Oh Henry's Bar(because I once ate two on a walk home from church). I also remember sentimental ones, like the framed picture my niece gave me before we moved to Calgary, or the beautiful gray sweater Darryl bought me one Christmas.

It is interesting what gifts you remember......

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool book might have to get a copy myself
I got a doll I called Margaret one Cristmas I loved her very much she as a bridal doll
When was your birthday - Happy Birthday Jenn

Anonymous said...

I once was given a baby bottle at christmas time and it changed my life. Forever!

But I probably deserved it after giving yum yum pickles and ohenry bars. LOL