Friday, October 06, 2006

Happy Turkey Day

Well today is the start of a long weekend. I spent most of my Friday working on resci-annie. So if anyone chokes on turkey dinner this weekend I'll be in perfect shape to do abdominal thrusts. I am greatful to have a job where you get trained for these emergency situations, as it makes me feel better prepared for...life.

Well it is the start of a long weekend and 4 days off. Yipee. Tommorrow Darryl and I decide the interiors of the house, the most fun part. There are a couple of other minor things to be done after that but then the waiting game begins. Like most things in life it is hurry up and wait. I know we are defintly doing hardwood floors in the new place, so I am looking forward to that. Although I'm worried the house is going to look like a big brown cave. Brown walls, brown floor, maybe I'll have to find some splashs of color. But it should be really fun tommorrow, I'm defintly looking forward to it.

Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. It has all the good parts of Christmas without the bad (gift giving). I shouldn't say that, there are a couple more good things about Christmas that Thanskgiving doesn't have, but Thanksgiving has all the essentials. Good turkey dinners, getting together with families and friends and taking a moment to appriciate all the wonderful things in life. I really have so much to be thankful for. I live a wonderful life, that I love. And even on days when it seems hard, it is still miles and miles better then many people in this world. I have a wonderful husband who is so kind and loving. I was so lucky to have found him at an early age. I have a child who I love more then anything and who makes me want so many more children to have that extra joy in life. I live in a great house and have a great job. Really there is nothing more I could ask for. Thank you to all who read this and enjoy it. You have all become (or always were) part of my life that I am greatful for.

I hope everyone has delicious turkey.

Till Tuesday!

Jenn

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Wow! You have so much to be thankful for. That was a lovely post.

We celebrate Thanksgiving here next month, but you're helping me to prepare.

I hope it was great.

Jenna