Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pop



Lucas has come to recognized and say the name of the first person who lives outside this house. His Pop. Although it usually sounds like pap. He saw some picture of him today on my computer and was pointing pap, pap, pap. So we played the little video and he smiled while watching Pop smile back at him. On Monday we went to Grandma and Pop's house and he was saying pap, pap, pap. The whole time. I'm sure Pap has an advantage on most others, he has lots of fans in his house, which Lucas is crazy about. I'll have to take a good picture of the two of them and post it in here. But someone loves their Pap. Which is great, becuase Pop loves Lucas so much as well. I think they will always have a special relationship. A boy and his grandpa.

I also wanted to blog about the woman who gave birth to conjoined twins yesterday. What a difficult time this woman and her family are going through. She will have to make some hard descions about her babies, but now having a child I do know the love a mother has for a child is like no other and I wish her well in the descions she has to make.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how Pop feels as Lucas says his name. I think this is why my mom settled on Nanny when Darrly was small, because the kids could say Nanny very early, but not grandma. Enjoy this 'Pop', I'm so envious. It's so cute to watch Lucas in videos, because you feel like you are right there with him.
Really looking forward to November.
Love from Grammy

Anonymous said...

Grandparents are special :)

Anonymous said...

OK
I'll tell you the secret of my "success".
I bring Lucas Gemma's (Grandma) cookies when his mother is not looking.
They are called tuffies - they are very chewy and he loves tastefull chewy cookies. Put one in your pocket and say" Luke what does Pop have in his pocket. Do that enough times and he will learn your name (493.5 times to be precise). Also Luke knows his mother does not want him to have the cookies because they contain whole wheat flower and are extremely good for him. He has already learned the power he gets by going against his mothers wishes and how much fun that can be. He would then have to remember the name of the person teaching him these IMPORTANT things.
I must also say that Luke has said Gemma. Am I the only one to notice?
MAke sure you don't confuse LUke by telling him they are Gemma's cookies or he might not learn your name.

That's it. BAcon works well with dogs.

There that's enough education for today.
Pop