Monday, June 19, 2006

What Was I Thinking??

So I'm starting to freak out. On Friday there is the national conference for the professsional association I belong to. I really wanted to go, but being on maternity leave means you have to pay much more to attend. So one of the organizers sent out a inviation for speakers. I thought if I spoke at the conference I would be albe to attend for free. At the time the attending for free part of that sentence was what was sticking in my mind. Now it's a couple of days before and the I am speaking at the conference part of the sentence is sticking in my mind.

To many people public speaking is there greastest fear. People would rather die then speak in public. I once heard Jerry Seinfeld say, most people would rather be the person in the coffin then the person giving the eulogy. I wouldn't say public speaking is my greatest fear I do lecture in front of 24 students every day, but this is different. These people are my peers, they will know if I screw up. My teachers from when I was a student will be there. Eeekkkk. What was I thinking???

I just have to keep thinking free free.......

My presentation is only 10 minutes long and it is about online computer courses, which I think I know fairly well. Hopefully better then my audience. K, now I'm making myself try to feel better.

free...free...

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I'd be hoping to be the one in the coffin, in some weird way! You are a very outgoing person and I think you have enough finesse to pull it off without err. I'm not so hot at public speaking but I can definitely hold my own in a small group of strangers such as Aaron's work parties. Borrrrrrrrrring! Who wants to talk to funeral director's?!?
Just remember: FREE FREE FREE

Anonymous said...

You're so brave!

I HATE public speaking. I would rather pay double the admission price to attend than speak for 10 minutes.

You'll be great! Don't worry! You're so friendly, energetic and outgoing that everyone will love you!

Good luck,
Lori