Thursday, June 29, 2006

Perspective


Well Lucas and I are off next week for Kelowna. I think it will be good to get away, to gain a little perspeciative. I have been in a bad mood lately, as it seems that all roads in my life are currently bumpy. Maybe getting away will help with smooth some of the roads. Or maybe I just won't care about circumstances as much. I know this all seems very vague, but that is kind of the point of a blog right....... to complain without pointing fingers.=) Hopefully while in Kelowna I will continue to blog (I may be there for weeks). Oma and Opa have a computer so it should continue there. But if not you know why....

One of the blogs I read www.dooce.com was discussing Britney Spears today. Everyone has a take on her. Here is mine: She is a new mother, and damn being a new mother is hard. I don't blame her for tripping with child, or chaning chlid in a Victoria Secret (although I do think driving with child on lap is inexcusable in today's day and age). I do think the big boobs and the lack of style or caring what she looks like in public is also normal. Like I said being a new mom is hard and especially (in Britney's case) when you are married to such a loser. One of the hardest parts about being a mom is getting the judgement from other moms. Other mothers can be the worst critic. So there's my take, Good Luck Britney, you are in the public eye and now not only have thousands of 15 year old girls watching but millons of mothers.

Onto Lucas.... things are going really well with him. He is growing more independant every day. While standing he will lift he hands to practice his balance. It's like he's saying "Look Mom, No Hands". He is also really enjoying putting things in and out of other things. For example he took all of Emma's food from her dish this morning and put it in her water bowl. Piece by piece. He has also started to do some signs for us and is quite fond of more. While feeding him he'll sign more more. He sleep has been a little bit difficult as it has been so hot here this week, one other good things about Kelowna. Airconditioning and the beach.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

4 comments:

Mo Khan said...

I completely agree with your comment on Brittney. I couldn't imagine being a brand new dad with people all over the world watching my every move.

I can only imagine what its like to deal with other parents who don't agree with your own parenting techniques. I'm sure it's not easy. Every parent only wants the best for their kids.

Kristine said...

Jenn! you lucky girl! Kelowna is definitely a perfect place to be in right now....and it is always good to get away to get some perspective about life, your dreams and yourself. I'm very jealous (but in a good way :)

and you are right about being a mom. It is the hardest job out there!!! I have so much more respect for mom's now.

Kristine

Anonymous said...

I'm sencing some real turmoil in you. It seems you are wrestling with something, and it seems to be challenging you. I hope your trip to Kelowna will be good for you and whatever you are up against right now. Remember, most things are temporary, and if you can't blog, it is sometimes a help to write down what is bothering you to get it off your chest. I have faith in you Jenn. I know you will overcome your problems. Just know that we love you and Lucas and Darryl.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on Brittany, the press is such a bunch of malicious vultures.......especially celebrity press. I always feel sorry for her when I see the tabloids smashing her over and over. Mark