Friday, June 02, 2006

Me Day

So yesterday I got to spend a big part of the day as a free woman. Although I love my son it is nice to do things that don't always involove him.

I had given my mom a pedicure for Mother's Day, so we decided to go together and have them done. It was lots of fun and nice to have someone to talk while feet were soaking. Plus it was nice to spend some one on one time with my mom with no kids or husbands around. My feet needed a good treatment and a good toe nail polish. One of the neat things they did at the Eveline Charles Salon we went to was that they give you a little bottle of your nail poslish, so you can do touch ups at home. I also had the parafin wax treatment with was wonderful and wierd all at the same time. It feels like your feet are in mud, but warm, nice smelling mud.

Next Tammy and I headed off to the symphony. It was great and totally reminded me of being a teenager. My friend Susie use to have season tickets and sometimes she took me. I quite enjoyed it and it helped to open my mind to different kinds of music. In highschool I took lots of music courses and was an alto. At the concert last night they had a corus for one of the numbers. It was a dress rehershal last night so there weren't as many people so Tammy and I were able to move around. At one point we were very close to being on stage with the musicians. At another time we were in the spot with the best acoustics. It was a lot of fun, plus there was free wine.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

1 comment:

Mo Khan said...

Wow, it sounds like you had an awesome day. Sometimes when Allison comes home from the spa and tells me how great it was I feel like it could be something I would enjoy doing... ahhh...!

As for the Stanley Cup playoffs, I would like to see Edmonton win but I have a feeling that Carolina will win. But go Oilers go... did I just say that?