Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Friends

I once took a week's vacation and stayed home. I hated it. I swore I would never take a big chunk of vacation time and not go somewhere. I tidied the house, had a masssage, but didn't really feel like I was on vacation. I ended up becoming bored and didn't feel rejunvenated. Of course this was before Lucas was born, even before going on maternity leave I often wondered what I would do with all my time.

Now that Lucas is here that has never even been a consideration. Not once since I've been home with Lucas have I thought, what should I do with all this time. Taking care of him is definitly a full time job. Even now that he is easier and more predicitable I have never thought what should I do with all this time. I do like to try to plan something for each lunch time for us to do.

Today we had my friend Krisitne and her 10 week old baby over. He is so so beautiful and she is doing such a great job. It was good to feel like I could do something nice for her because I remember what it was like to have a newborn. It is important when you are at home to build a network of people to do stuff with during the days. I'm glad to have one more person to add to my network.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Jenn,

Thanks so much for having us over, for the great lunch and for Micah's new toy. It is the first time that I have driven home with him wide awake and he didn't cry at all. He was too busy staring at his new toy :) What a nice change!

Next time it will be my treat ok.

Kristine

Anonymous said...

I love this blog. I don't always remember to read it every day, but I laugh out loud and sometimes even shed a tear or two, (out of love) for the great job you are doing. Keep up the good work and thanks for all the great pictures in the blogs, that I have added to my file. Love from MOM F.