Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Walnut Bed

I have a very talented husband. Darryl is quite a smart man. Any pracical question and he can either give you and answer or rationalize one. He is also very smart around the house. It is a case where if he is to ever die (as I'm sure we'll never get divorced) I will need to learn how to use a drill, hang pictures, fix sinks, where to turn off the water in the house, how to replace a breaker and so so many more things.

Darryl's latest project is all done. He has made a new beautiful bed. It is walnut and the graining in it is amazing. I am so happy to not be sleeping on the floor any more. Although emma may be the happiest. Now she has a bed to sleep under again. The cushions in the headboard are great for leaning against to watch TV and the footboard means the blankets are never sliding off the bottom.





Thanks Darryl I know it took lots of work. But it is beautiful.

Till Tommorrow

Jenn

5 comments:

Lesley said...

You're husband is so talented, he did an awesome job on your bed.

Anonymous said...

A true work of art!!!!!!!
You are a lucky woman, although he too is a lucky man.

MOM

Anonymous said...

Little brother, damn you're good! All of that carpentry schooling is certainly paying off. Mom should at least take credit for some of your smarts (after all she and Dad passed down the genes)!

Hmmm, so what's next on the carpentry project list? I'll be curious to find out.

Love you,
Lori

Anonymous said...

Wow! that is very impressive indeed.
If Darryl ever gets sick of computers, he can definitely be a carpenter :)
nice bed you guys!
P.S.
we have the same bedsheets too!
Kristine

Anonymous said...

I thought the bed was incredible, but then I have other pieces of his work at home. Details count for sure. I am very proud of your work Darryl and the fact that I love you so much, has nothing to do with it. You do have a real knack for tools of all kinds. Love, MOM
What's next in the workshop?