Sunday, June 04, 2006

Did I mention Lucas still loves his cars....

Well it's Sunday night and I thought I would blog about the weekend. We seem to be quite busy with Lynda here so I thought I'd take this opportunity to get it done. I have some video uploading that I'd like to post so I thought it would be a good opportunity.

The weekend has been quite fun. We had a birthday party for Auntie Karen with Banh Pho Soup and watermelon. We also let off a sparkler for the first time for Lukey. Mom, Dad and Lexie were over as well. The day before I showed Alexis the possessed Elmo I got at the last garage sale and I think it has scared her for life.

On Friday we went to the mountains which is always beautiful. We are so lucky in Calgary to live so close to such beauty. I can't imagine living anywhere else and I think it's something Edmontonians miss out on. (although Go Oilers Go) Mom and Dad also got there hottub installed so we went over for a swim. They kept the temperature colder so Luke could go in. Theonly problem was I forgot a regular diaper for him, so he had to wear a normal one. Holy Cow, can those things ever hold a lot of water. I'm sure they had to top up the tub when he got out. His diaper probably weighed 50 pounds.



Saturday morning I went garage sale-ing again. Mom got her high chair(although it was very dirty) and I got a wagon and some other nick-nacks for Lucas. Books are really the best thing to buy at yard sales. Great books for 50 cents each. Again amazing deals. I love the great deals. I got a sand box for Luke as well. The lady was asking 15$, but sold it to me for 5. It's a little small and I'm sure he will grow out of it in a couple years, but good for now. Soon yard sale-ing season will be over and I'll have to pay full price for things again. =(

Darryl is quite enjoying having his mother around. She loves to putter around the house like he does. They got all the weeds cut down beside the house, my gardens weeded, plants planted and I was able to run around with carrying Luke in and out of stores. All in all it was a very productive day for all of us. It also good to spend the evenings chatting with her. That is one of the advantages of living far apart. I see my parents all the time, so we talk about surface stuff, we can't always be deep. But when someone is around for a whole week you have time to learn more about who they are and experiences in their life. Plus I'm someone who likes to ask the probing questions to learn more about people I don't know as well. I know it will be hard for her to leave Lucas, but eventually the week or two a year he gets to spend with Grammie and Grandad will be so special to him.

K, this is getting long, plus there is still a video to watch. Just a couple more things...

-put Lucas to bed in my arms tonight, still loving that, he looks so peaceful

- loving this new song by Teddy Geiger called For You I Will. If you get a chance listen to it. Lori I'm sending some CD's home with you mom for you and the family. It's on that.

Enjoy the video



Till Tommorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on!!! Jenn you make THE BEST CD's! I can hardly wait until Mom gets home so I can give them a listen. The CD you made for me when I was in Calgary last November is in my desk at work and I kid you not, I listen to it front to back EVERY single day and never get tired of it!
We loved all the hot tub pictures and I can just imagine the diaper! They didn't have "little swimmers" when Mac was a baby so 50 pound diapers were the norm. They're so funny...it's no wonder they're starting to add the same crystals that they use in diapers to potting soil for plants so they have better water retention!

Love y'all!
Lori

Kristine said...

awesome video Jenn!
thx for your coments on my blog...i appreciate it.
sorry about my typing...i'm holding Micah on the left arm and using my right hand to type :) it's quite a challenge...oh yeah day 4 and no poop yet :(
Kristine