Tuesday, November 06, 2007

More Moving Details

I thought I should add some more details about our weekend and our new house. I was going to take a picture of Emma and her new favorite spot in the house, but I can't find the camera. Besides I haven't been taking many pictures since I lost my good camera. I did go to best buy today to see if it was on sale, but it was not....

Anyway there is a window beside the front door and Emma is almost always there. She loves to check the action outside the front door. There are quite a few things I love about this house. Although there are also things I don't like about the house. I love that the living room is bigger all of our furniture fits and looks like it belongs. I love the location. I love love the location. I get to see mountains out my window every day. Every day I take Emma out to pee and it's quiet. There are not alot of lights so you can see a million stars. During the day you can see the mountains on the horizon. We are close to a pond. I love the walkout basement, it's so bright down there and Lucas drives his cars around and around. I adore the kitchen. The island is lovely there is so much more space. I also love the walkthru pantry. Today I brought groceries from the garage right into the pantry.

But there are also some things that will take getting use to. The shower, which I am pretty picky about is not good. The bathroom is bigger then our old one and the shower stall is not as closed in. It looks great, but the hot air comes out of the shower stall quickly. It's not as warm as I"m use to. So we'll have to find a way to fix that..... Also I've never lived in a house with a front attached garage that sticks out so far. It's not good for my need to spy. Especially now that Emma is always looking out the front door. She "huffs" when she sees something. In the old house I could go to any window at the front of the house and see what was going on in the cul-de-sac, here I can only see a part of it, then the garage gets in the way.

The other thing I miss about the old house was that it was home. This is still the "new house", not yet home. In a year it will be better, but I do miss my old home..

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

4 comments:

Alexis said...

I miss your old house too! I was just telling mom the other day about how i never got to say goodbye to it :( Hahaha !! But to be fair to the new house I haven't seen it in its finished form yet! Looking forward to some pics!

Susan said...

It's true what you say about the difference in the houses. I was noticing that the new house has more of the focus on the back, with the walkway and the pond and that you don't see what is happen on the street. The other house was the opposite, when you wanted to see what was going on you look out of the front of the house.
It will take time for this house to feel like home. You don't have any memories there yet, other than Lucas jumping off the bed. You are right in saying that it will take some time.

Anonymous said...

im sure it will start feeling like home im sure
your views sound awesome

sari said...

It will be home soon, I felt similarly when we moved a few years ago.

Now I can't imagine living anywhere else!!