Friday, November 16, 2007

Fun Day Friday

Today when Lucas suggested we go and do my favorite Lucas activity I was all over it. Even though it was later then when we usually go, I'm almost always game for the zoo. I've said this 10 times on the blog before but man are we lucky to have a zoo in our city. Each time we go we see different animals up and moving around. Last time the squirrel monkey's we jumping around in the trees and playing with each other. This time they were huddled in packs sleeping. This time around we saw lions eating, hippos swimming and camels close up. But the best part was probably the baby elephant. It was adorable. I was really surprised at how small it was. I am really glad that Lucas has taken to all things animal. Maybe when he grows up he too will be an animal rescuer, like Diego.

The part that did not go too well was the throwing up. Since we went a little later we had to eat our lunch at the zoo. All the sudden Lucas burps and then starts to throw up everything he has eaten. Good thing my mommy/health care worker skills kicked in fast because I was back and forth bringing as many napkins as I could. In the end he was fine and once we had him cleaned up he ate another half of a hotdog... kids are certainly resilient...

Till Tomorrow

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We dont have a zoo here in the Hawkes bay and I miss checking out what the critters are up to

sounds like a good time except for the throwing up
poor guy
wonder what caused it???

HUGS

sari said...

i love the random throwing up, it's always fun, isn't it?