Thursday, November 22, 2007

Interview Questions

One of the fun things about blogging is that I have have met lots of fun people and a part of every evening is to check what all my "bloggin" friends have written about. Goofball had someone ask her questions and offered to do it for any of her readers. I thought it would be interesting to see what people wanted to know about me, so here are her questions. If anyone else has any questions please ask in comments. If you want me to interview you, also let me know in comments with your e-mail and I'll send you interview questions.

So here are mine:

I see that you sometimes refer to yourself as “curly jenn”… do you have nicknames or do some of your friends or relatives have funny nicknames and what is the story behind it?

I don't really have a nickname. For certain things I do refer to myself as CurlyJenn, it probably started with my gmail account, becuase my very common name was taken. I have curly hair, so that is where the curly jenn came from. I do use one other alias, so that people don't know my real name, like at Old Navy when they want your name to put on the change room or if a telemarketer is calling and that is Paige Robertson. I'd love to see if anyone can guess what that is from. I'll be sure to put it in my next post.


2) I always love it when other people post about a funny misunderstanding or some embarrassing moment. It makes us all so human. So…it’s confessing time: what was your funniest misunderstanding or embarrassing moment?

I do a lot of crazy things, so much so that I'm not really embarrassed by too much anymore. I think the most embarrassing thing I did lately was at a meeting with the dean of health I was wearing a green bra with a light yellow shirt. At home you couldn't really see through the shirt, but once I got under the fluorosent lights you could defintly tell the difference.


3) You work in the medical sector, partly an operating job in a hospital (I don’t know exactly what) and partly teaching. What is the most rewarding and the most challenging in those jobs?


The most rewarding part of being an x-ray technologist in the hospital is the patients. I don't get to work in the hospital that much and miss the interaction with patients. It's nice to feel like you have made a difference in a patients day or that you have had a good interaction with a patient. The most rewarding part of being a teacher is the students. It's nice to see them come from knowing very little about x-rays to being experts at it and being a part of the little world we are part of. The most challenging part of working in the hospital is that it is very physcially demanding. The most challenging part of being an instructor is the politics.



4) How did you meet your husband?

It is kind of a boring story. We met through a mutual friend. Although our first date was fun, we went skiing.



5) What’s the furthest place you’ve traveled? What was your impression of that place?

The furthest place I've traveled is Rome. I loved it. I loved the history and the food. I could leave the crazy drivers out, but everything else about it was amazing.

6) what is a habit you should try to get rid off?


Lateness, it's already my new years resolution. To plan ahead better and make proper commitments so I'm not late.


Thanks Goofball for the questions. If you want me to interview you let me know? Any other things you want to know about me?


Till Tomorrow


Jenn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting interview :)

Lesley said...

Oh oh , pick me, pick me! I would love to be interviewed. After the horrible interviewing experience I had this week I'd like to have a more fun and positive interview.

Goofball said...

boy were you quick on answering my questions! Hard to believe that lateness is your bad habit, like that! I love it though that you made your new years resolution early :p.

Thanks for the answers. The green bra did put a big smile on my face :).
And I have nooooo clue about your other alias!


thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

Here's mine: how do you like living in the greatest city on earth???!
(Can you tell I'm a bit homesick? :-)

Allie said...

Great answers!!

So, I do have a question though: With being pregnant, how does that affect your ability to perform your job as an xray technician? Or, can you still do it because you are hiding behind that wall?